I am eligible for New Every 2 in two months but I want the curve now, so I am going to call verizon customer care and try to get a curve as well as a buy 1 get 3 free (cheap phones for my family) and tips on what I should say to them
    06-15-08 10:49 AM
    There isn't anything special that you have to say to them. Just choose the phone that you want and go from there.
    06-15-08 10:54 AM
    Tell them.... Dogs barking, can't fly without umbrella.
    06-15-08 10:56 AM
    You are eligible for NE2 before your contract is over. VZW does this so that people will resign their contract by upgrading their phone even before their current contract is up. If you are on a two year contract you can upgrade and sign a new contract after 20 months and if you are on a one year contract you can upgrade and sign a new contract after 10 months. You may already be aware of this, but I wasnt sure.

Chances are not good that they will let you upgrade unless you have completed most of your contract, at which time you are allowed to upgrade anyway. I dont see any reason why they would allow you to upgrade when you arent due, because it doesnt benefit them in any way. Dont forget that VZW is still a business, and a business acts in the best interest of its shareholders, not its customers.

Im not saying it isnt worth a shot, but I dont really see them giving it to you unless you have completed most of your contract.
    06-15-08 11:03 AM
    Really it depends on what kind of phone you currently have to determine what to say. If you already have a PDA phone and call about issues with your phone you will get a replacement called a FRU if you get at least 2 FRU's in a month they will offer you an exchange. I had a Samsung SCHI760 but it always had issues like a Windows Mobile does after 12 days of calls I am now the proad poppa of a 8330. Hope this helps. Cheers!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-08 11:26 AM
    I have heard that a lot of people were allowed to upgrade 2 even 4 months before NE2. Verizon would be happy to have my purchase a data plan, and not wanting me to transfer to AT&T
    06-15-08 11:27 AM
    You can change your plan at any time and buy a new phone without using the discount and not have to extend your contract. If you get a NE2 price break, you however have to sign a new contract. When you think about it, the price difference between the phone discount and retail is about the same as an ETF.
    06-15-08 11:30 AM
    I am eligible for New Every 2 in two months but I want the curve now, so I am going to call verizon customer care and try to get a curve as well as a buy 1 get 3 free (cheap phones for my family) and tips on what I should say to them
    You can renew a few months before your 2 years are up. They will be happy to have your business. If they give you a hard time just keep after them. Just say "that is unacceptable". You will wear them down!
    06-15-08 11:31 AM
    I have heard that a lot of people were allowed to upgrade 2 even 4 months before NE2. Verizon would be happy to have my purchase a data plan, and not wanting me to transfer to AT&T
    Verizon will allow you to upgrade after 20 months into your NE2. There shouldn't be any problems.
    06-15-08 11:59 AM
    I prefer doing it online...
    06-15-08 02:53 PM
    I prefer doing it online...
    you cant negotiate to get NE2 earlier with a computer
    06-15-08 03:03 PM
    Verizon let me upgrade 2 months prior to my 20 month mark. I had a Treo 700p and the offer they sent me in the mail was to upgrade to a Curve or Pearl. When I went into the store, I asked about using the offer to upgrade to a different PDA and they said no ( I wanted the curve, just wanted to see what they would say) So, yes they may let you. Your best bet is to go into a store, be nice and see what they will offer you.
    06-15-08 03:21 PM
    The phn company rates u as a cm if u are good and cm and they dont want losse your business they wil offer you a upgrade at discounted price even if your nt upgrade elgible
    06-18-08 06:13 PM
    I'm not really sure why, but back in March (after just 12 months into my contract), I went in to a Verizon store to see when I was eligible for an upgrade. For some reason, the guy told me I was eligible now. So I was able to get my upgrade after just 12 months! Maybe because it was the store manager; maybe because I was going from a regular phone to a Blackberry (more money for them because of the data plan); I'm really not sure. But I sure didn't ask any questions. I just took it and ran.
    06-18-08 06:24 PM
    I always ask to talk to the manager, it works.
    06-18-08 10:41 PM
    I was only 6 months into a new contract with a razor. I told them I wanted to Upgrade to a blackberry and they dropped my old contract, set me up with a 8830 for about $150 after discounts.
    --Don
    ~Always be prepared for the unexpected~
    pin:318fb677

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD