ok, heres the deal.... i got a Sprint Blackberry 8330 red Curve.... and i cant figure out my problem,

it involves my media player... i can listen to music in my room... or at the gym... work etc.... and it works fine... but! when i get on my Motocycle.... the sound will cut off and cut in while im on the bike..... the funny thing is that the sound wont cut out at slows speeds, it seems like it cut off at around 55+ mph..... will just cut off and cut in...

ive taken it to sprint techs.... they cant find anything wrong, then i assumed it was maybe the gps..that its trying to find my possition... but i tried disabling gps... and still does it.... ive tried soft reset, hard reset, re formating the memory card... i just cant figure why it does this..... please help..... sorry for the bad spelling and grammer ..... as u can see im fustrated
    11-24-08 12:17 AM
    like pause or cut out?
    11-24-08 12:33 AM
    If your music is on your Media Card it could be that your BB is being jostled and it's connection to the BB is coming in and out.

The fact that it's only when you're going fast seems to indicate something like this...Bbs weren't really made to work at 100kmph...they were made for businessmen to walk around BayStreet with.

I really don't know what you could do about it if it's that your media card is vibrating and therefore losing it's connection...no real fix for that...
    11-24-08 12:48 AM
    and are they wired or bluetooth headphones?
    11-24-08 12:52 AM
    Maybe your BB is telling you you shouldn't be listening to it while on your bike! J/k but seriously ya should be careful. Some states its against the law to have head phones of any kind on while on a bike. So please be safe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 07:16 AM
    and are they wired or bluetooth headphones?
    I was thinking the same thing.

11-24-08 08:15 AM
    I 2nd the idea re: BB's were not tested (I would bet!) for bikes running at speed.
    11-24-08 08:18 AM
    I also second the idea that you shouldn't be listening to headphones on a bike! It didn't occur to me originally but that's DANGEROUS!
    11-24-08 12:58 PM
    Listening to music while riding your bike... Good idea. Try closing your eyes that makes it even safer!

11-24-08 03:10 PM
    Maybe there is a shortage in your headphones? I have a curve from sprint also, and I had to return my headphones two days after purchasing because they were shorting out. Music would fade in and out randomly.
    11-24-08 04:00 PM
    Problem exists between the headphones, perhaps?
    11-24-08 04:18 PM
    I think the problem lies in the headphones not the berry. Also if it isn't you can always try taping the media card down.

11-24-08 05:14 PM
    are you wearing a helmet? if yes maybe its pressing bottons or something? but something tells me you probably dont, but im not gonig to preach you after all we need organ donors

did you try in the car? if it works try lowering the windows and stick your head out the window ( im serious) and see if that does anything
    maybe the wind is effecting the bluetooth signal?
    11-24-08 06:32 PM
    thanks for all the replys guys..... but ill be fine with head phones on a bike,...

ive tired various types of head phones.... from 3 blackberry ones, to apple , to sony.... to samsung.... its wierd because when i slow down under 40 mph it works fine..... what can it be?... it has to be from the berry
    11-24-08 11:08 PM
    Hey SprintCurve, I want to welcome you to CB!!!
    11-24-08 11:24 PM
    I would take it as a sign that you shouldn't be listening to headphones while driving a motorcycle faster than 55 mph.
    BTW, welcome to CB. Where do you keep your Curve while riding?
    Last edited by orangeagent; 11-25-08 at 10:21 AM.
    11-25-08 10:01 AM
    i keep it in my jacket theres a pocket made for a phone or ipod..... thanks for all the welcomes guys!!!
    11-30-08 03:05 AM
    yea so he listens to music on his bike...but i bet NONE of you text while driving
    11-30-08 03:57 AM
    I don't text or talk on my BB while driving!

My phone rings I see who it is If its important I pull over. if not I call them back when I can.
    Its called being safe! Do you know how many accidents are caused a day by someone on their phone while driving.
    if your behind the wheel all your focus should be on the road and those around you. There are to many inexperienced drivers out there not to. Just be safe.

11-30-08 06:32 AM
    Im sure you are safe and thats great and all...but 80% of americans text or talk on the phone and drive, maybe even more..thats a fact. so im just stating, if everyone choses to talk on the phone and drive...why cant he listen to music and ride? seems a little less dangerous to me
    11-30-08 07:06 AM
    My car has Bluetooth and it is slick for cell calls. Hit a button on your sterring wheel and talk thru the speakers. Back to the topic, electronic interference? Tried other head sets? As far as media card being loose does it skip while jogging?

11-30-08 07:09 AM
    They make radios for motercycles that is what the op should invest in not multiple headphones. Driving a bike with headphones is illegal in most states. It can block a person from hearing the traffic around them as well as keep them from hearing emergency personnel that are in route.
    I ride a bike and I know lots of other ppl that do my point is......you should not have headphones on while driving the bike.

Bluetooth rocks!! I love that little feature. Lol

11-30-08 07:18 AM
    oh ok.....
    11-30-08 07:31 AM
    Good response Tigger. I never rode a motorcycle so avoided that part of the topic.
    11-30-08 07:57 AM
    I'm he11 bent on road safety sorry. I have been in to Many accidents I was hit twice by drunk drivers had a biker friend killed coz someone was busy trying to chat on the phone instead of paying attition and ran my friend off the road. I was also side swiped from some ***** trying to change a diaper while driving. I mean come on there are a lot of stupid drivers in this country. Lol we had this one guy drive thru the apartment complex standing up with half his body out the t top window and drinking a beer. Its the ppl that don't think of the others on the road that **** me off and scare me.

11-30-08 08:19 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD