Hi-

I have a BB Curve 8330, by Verizon, and for a few days now everyone that I talk to has said that I sound very far away and the sound quality is choppy. I'm not talking to them on speaker phone and am always talking in a normal, audible speaking voice. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if this is a device problem or my network's problem.

-Kerri
    08-10-09 04:04 PM
    Hi-

I have a BB Curve 8330, by Verizon, and for a few days now everyone that I talk to has said that I sound very far away and the sound quality is choppy. I'm not talking to them on speaker phone and am always talking in a normal, audible speaking voice. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if this is a device problem or my network's problem.

-Kerri
    Could be one of 2 things.

1. The mic is defective

or

2. Need to update the OS.

Since you are new to BB and to CB, I would highly recommend reading the BB101 Lecture Series (link in my sig). It is a wealth of information and get you more comfortable and knowledgeable with your device. I would def update your OS to .131 or higher and can find it in the 83xx forums, i believe they are stickied.

Good Luck and Happy Learning!
    08-10-09 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD