I'm using google and syncing to my phone. The past 2 days when I get a reminder (when my phone has been locked), I unlock the phone and don't see a reminder. When I re-lock my phone it says I have 5 calendar icons and the red light blinks for about 10 minutes. I don't want to delete all my calendar icons (again) and resync. How the heck do I get rid of the stupid icon??
    05-03-10 05:57 PM
    I guess if u don't want the calendar icon on the screene,then make a trash folderr and move it there,or you can hide it,I am not sure if this will help you. Goodluck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 01:47 AM
    No, not the calendar program, the icon that displays when you have reminders that have passed. I can't get rid of THOSE. I want to keep the calendar.

I attached a screenshot of the icon.
    05-04-10 10:35 AM
    Try a different theme.
    Try a battery pull with the device turned on.
    05-04-10 12:44 PM
    i've got the exact same problem with my storm 2 9520
    on Wednesday morning i had a notification for somebodys birthday, after dismissing it, the little icon underneath my date and time wont go away. I tried deleting everything for that day, and nothing happened, and then tried deleting everything for the next two weeks which hasnt worked.

if you got rid of it could you let me know how? it's driving me mad!!!!

also, i've tried doing battery pull, rebooting my device, etc etc and nothings worked.

this is the millionth problem ive had since buying the storm 2 in october. wouldn't advise people to get it if you payed me.
    05-21-10 07:49 AM
    It happened on my BB pearl flip as well and you're right, it is one of the most maddening things... I dismissed the calendar reminder, deleted it, did a battery pull, etc.. and nothing! It will not go away for anything so hopefully someone will see this and help us out :-)
    05-21-10 10:52 AM
    When I've had this problem, and nothing else helped, I would force another event notifier of the same type as the one that wouldn't go away. Then when I dealt with the new notification, it would cause the stuck one to go away. Have you had another calendar notification since the stuck one? If not, set one up and give that a try.
    05-21-10 01:19 PM
    i know this was posted over a month ago... but just in case you still haven't found a way to fix it...

i encountered the same problem when i downloaded the facebook app and checked off that i wanted all my events to stream into my calendar. it was then that the icon came up and would not go away. i had to uninstall the facebook app by highlighting the facebook icon and clicking the menu button, then delete. after i rebooted the phone, the icon went away! if you still want the have the facebook app, you can redownload it, i would just recommend not choosing the option to have events streamed into your calendar.
    06-12-10 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD