I'm a fuddy-duddy with an 8310 who reluctantly executed a wipe/reset using the desktop software to clear up some "glitching" caused by nearly 15 years of life. I also replaced the shell, keyboard/trackball & battery. Immediately after startup, I received a text stating the handheld has been registered with the wireless network. Though the "glitching" corrected, new issues have revealed.

1.) I am unable to set up email without the enterprise server information from a former employer (the company went under circa 2010). Albeit slow: email, in addition to the browser and "maps" application, still worked before the restore. Now, there are two options for email setup - "I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server" or "I want to skip email setup".

2.) Accessing the internet via "t-zones" was possible by opening the app > menu > go to > entering the desired address, typically the Google homepage. Now it shows "unable to connect to the WAP Gateway at the following address:".

3.) Maps icon is no longer visible, though it is listed as an installed application through both the desktop manager and within the device advanced options. Are there methods available to correct any of these issues, even if the end of life is near for cellular support?
    Last edited by klippertyklopping; 11-23-21 at 06:36 PM.
    11-23-21 12:05 PM
    I'd skip the email setup.... for now.

The WAP Gateway was usually fixed by resending your carrier's Service Books during activation. I don't even know if they do that anymore - what carrier do you have?

But the real question is does your carrier even still offer BIS? Even if it does, it won't in about two months when BlackBerry pulls the plug.
    11-24-21 07:09 AM
    Thanks for the response!

I will attempt to resend the Service Books. I've had the same T-Mobile account longer than the phone itself. BIS used to show up on the statements but has not in years despite still being able to access internet/data services as recently as a few weeks ago. They told me it has likely been grandfathered into the plan, but are unable to confirm where exactly.
    11-24-21 11:13 AM
    Thanks for the response!

I will attempt to resend the Service Books. I've had the same T-Mobile account longer than the phone itself. BIS used to show up on the statements but has not in years despite still being able to access internet/data services as recently as a few weeks ago. They told me it has likely been grandfathered into the plan, but are unable to confirm where exactly.
    Well BlackBerry is shutting it down on Jan 4th... I wouldn't invest too much time in trying to get it to work at this point. BlackFriday is a good time to see what T-Mobile is offering on "special".

Most USA Carrier won't active a new BBOS device, I'm not sure if there are any issues with reactivation of one on an existing account or not. Maybe if someone is still using one on T-Mobile they can help...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-24-21 11:32 AM