Cobra last thing I read on Q-Chat was that it was DOA (sorry cant find the link right now I thought it was on jkontherun.com)
    Here is a link I found about how Sprint dropped Q-Chat in Nov 2009, as it was "upgrading" its iDen network.

(Sprint drops Qualcomm's QChat - FierceWireless)

Its really a shame that Sprint let iDen get so far behind the other networks, the 8350i is really a great phone, just on a very slow network. When you need it or utilize it a lot DC is wonderful.
    05-23-10 06:59 AM
    If you need the dc just get a regular nextel. 2 way never cuts out. I cantg figure out the people who leave the 8350 because the dc sux then gets a second phone but keeps the 8350 for dc just get a regular nextel phone and diff bb or then

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 07:24 AM
    My main issue with DC on the BB is if I dont squeeze it fast enough, the call is ended. My Moto iden phones had a setting for DC timeout, this doesn't. They even had auto DC with last call or whatever contact I wanted. BiG drawback!
    05-23-10 12:04 PM
    Well a year and a half and 7 8350is later, my experience is that your case is the exception and not the rule. I am planning on ditching this Nextel POS as soon as I can. DC is a necessity for my job but I'm sure whatever money I lose by dropping my DC has to be comparable to the money I've already lost thanks to dropped DC calls, lost messages, etc. I think I have put in more work and time than most concerning this phone and I'm done.

Well for me I must be in the minority as well because I haven't had any problems with my 8350i either and I'm loving it as well.
    What I'd like to know is how many dissatisfied owners are first time BB owners. The reason I ask is because if you've never had a BB and don't know what to compare it too, then you don't know if it's good or bad. If it breaks down and you need a replacement, well that's a different story.
    For me this is my first BB and although I probably don't use the phone like most BB owners, I do use some of the features. The main reason I got the phone is because my business uses the DC. The fact that I can do so much with it (view PDF's, show clients videos/pictures, etc...) means it's a great tool for my work and does its job well.
    Now a couple of friends also have BB's (different model) and I can see the difference in performance. Viewing YouTube videos or browsing the net at lightning speed compared to mine, means that my 8350i is limited but it still does what I need it too do. What I also like is that I can pretty much budget my monthly phone bills and the amount rarely changes. Yes it's slower and bigger then other BB's but it does its job.
    05-23-10 03:41 PM
    After 6 Months of having my Boostberry 8350i i did an upgrade last week to the Boostmobile Blackberry 8330. I loved my lil boostberry but the iden data speeds started to get to me, and the drop calls.. Now that i have the real thing i dont know a world without bbm... lol but things i will miss about the 8350i

128 MB Internal memory: the 8330 after the 5.0 upgrade has so little memory and it suffers from memory leak.. doing a nathanix upgrade tomorrow.

Miss the wifi.. the last 3 months i havent been using it but it was fun when i had it.

But thats pretty much it. i wish they had upgrade the boost 8330 to 128 but hey beggars cant be choosers.. im just waiting to see what boost does next.. From what I hear these phones is making the company tons of money so they will only continue making it better..

So what phone next for boost the tour?? maybe who knows or maybe we get the storm?? but it seems they will be getting all the recycled phones the other carriers are done with.. and thats fine with me..

Anyways... see you guys on the 8330 side peace.
    06-01-10 06:20 PM
    I just defected... Took my SERO lines over to the CDMA side, 9650 for and an 8530 for my wife.

Its been a slice, but I mean, come on the 9650! It's a beast, I'm a BES admin, I can't be caught not rocking the absolute latest and greatest!!!
    06-03-10 06:55 PM
    Good luck. Who's next

06-03-10 08:56 PM
    Good luck. Who's next

you?

lol jk. i know your a lifer!!!!
    06-03-10 10:07 PM
    I am totally new to the Blackberry scene. I have been a boostmobile customer for the last three years, no complaints. Is there a way to download the SB's OTA? I don,t own a computer. Just asking. I've been studying the forums almost everyday. Very helpful!
    06-03-10 10:28 PM
    I'm writing as a very happy man right now because the new EVO is mind boggling. But I am keeping my 8350 and quite honestly if I had to choose one....it would be my BB!!! Call me a hopeless crackhead or a diehard Nextel fanatic but every other phone will lack in the important areas that this phone shines! For example BB is what it is because of it's email handling capabilities....You've all seen the awful schematics that sometimes pop up on the home page here but all I have to say is it WORKS!!!! I'll wait upwards of 2 hours for an email to hit my Evo after I've solved the problem from my BB!! You're all annoyed of txt delays....75% of those are BS'ing with friends or family, try missing an important email. Yes I can adjust the interval between checking and then have a dead phone before lunch?!
    The Evo's speaker phone is moderate but voice quality is struggling if you only have 1-2 bars (which is more often than you'd like) whereas the 8350 delivers crystal clear voice on 1 bar!!!! Since getting my new phone I've only made about 5 phone calls on it and for the first time in over 6 years I said "is that your phone or mine"! Yes, this is now a BB praise but I gotta show Nextel love on that point!

My point is that YES you can find a "cooler" phone on the market, and I love the fact that I'm able to have the best of both worlds but realistically when it comes down to doing what a phone is meant to do as well as offer a lot of ways to get business done better....you guys have the cream of the crop!!!! I am 100% ready for a 5.0 release on my BB but that's icing on the cake. I'd rather have a nice German chocolate cake without icing than a cow pie found at my dairy with a whole bunch of cream and sprinkles on top!!!! lol!!!
    06-09-10 05:37 PM
    you?

Lamo I pay set rate for my slow internet. Not like atts new iphone and bb plans . At least we know ares sux

lol jk. i know your a lifer!!!!

06-09-10 06:14 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD