So when I went and got my new 8900 from the local t-mobile store yesterday, the man who rang me up was all "hey let me change your plan around and save you 5 bucks". So okay, everythings good. Anyways just now I was looking around at my account online and was checking out what services I had. I was signed up for my usual MyFaves 300 min (39.99), Unlimited Messages (14.99), Callertunes (1.49) and Blackberry Unlimited w/ enterprise email add on (29 something).. all adding up to like 86 dollars. So I did some rearranging and swapped out my unlimited messages and the bb unlimited to the combined messages and unlimited bb web... and everything added up was like 76 dollars. Did that guy for real like try to add on more money to my bill or what. I have to say this had me a bit flustered.
    07-30-09 01:12 AM
    Typical sales guy antics. I'm not surprised to hear this at all.
    07-30-09 01:24 AM
    Yeah, kind of stupid. I double checked just to make sure it wasn't an error on my part, but sure enough it definitely wasn't.
    07-30-09 01:26 AM
    Doing a little research on your part helps a lot... I find that I usually know more about their phones and plans than they do... I said usually, not always... I would have probably gone back and ripped him a new one and then ripped the manager a new one for their stupidity, and explained to both how much money they would have cost you over a 2 year plan... who knows, maybe they would give you a free accessory or additional rebate or something.
    07-30-09 06:35 AM
    I called them since I could remember the guys name and everything. I talked to the manager and they're sending me a $50 'refund'
    07-30-09 04:30 PM
    Good to hear!!!
    07-30-09 04:44 PM
    Very nice and Good Job!
    07-30-09 04:53 PM
    Good going, way to stick it to them!
    07-30-09 06:58 PM
    Its good that you noticed that, stupid sales people :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 12:55 AM
    So when I went and got my new 8900 from the local t-mobile store yesterday, the man who rang me up was all "hey let me change your plan around and save you 5 bucks". So okay, everythings good. Anyways just now I was looking around at my account online and was checking out what services I had. I was signed up for my usual MyFaves 300 min (39.99), Unlimited Messages (14.99), Callertunes (1.49) and Blackberry Unlimited w/ enterprise email add on (29 something).. all adding up to like 86 dollars. So I did some rearranging and swapped out my unlimited messages and the bb unlimited to the combined messages and unlimited bb web... and everything added up was like 76 dollars. Did that guy for real like try to add on more money to my bill or what. I have to say this had me a bit flustered.
    Some of T-Mobile's plans are confusing. Before you wrap this all up, you might want to go on-line and review each plan option point and see what each one includes and what they don't include. Sometimes it's not readily apparent.

I don't think T-Mobile's sales people are sleazy or stupid as some have inferred. Sometimes they are doing us a favor and we don't immediately see it. Other times, they might make a mistake. It happens. We are all human.

Please also be reminded that the Ethisphere Institute just named T-Mobile one of the "2009 World's Most Ethical Companies."

T-Mobile isn't perfect. But they are a good company. Look for the best in people and sometimes you may be surprised how often you find it.
    07-31-09 01:28 AM
    No one ever called them sleezy but sales people do have a reputation. It just didn't make any sense why he would sign me up for a plan with unlimited web and ENTERPRISE email.. i'm 19 years old, I don't need something like that at this point in time. It would make more sense for someone my age to have something like the Unlimited web packaged with the unlimited messages and personal email. So it wasn't me all out to get him, but they needed to be informed either way.
    07-31-09 02:09 AM
    No one ever called them sleezy but sales people do have a reputation. It just didn't make any sense why he would sign me up for a plan with unlimited web and ENTERPRISE email.. i'm 19 years old, I don't need something like that at this point in time. It would make more sense for someone my age to have something like the Unlimited web packaged with the unlimited messages and personal email. So it wasn't me all out to get him, but they needed to be informed either way.
    Allegations such as "typical sales guy antics" and sales people have "reputations" are basically saying that they are sleazy. The word "sleazy" might noty have been used but the inferrence was clearly there. Hookers have "reputations."

It sounds clearly as if what was done was not the best foor your individual needs and kudos to you at 19 for being a good business man and getting it all straightened out to your satisfaction.

I think you posted a good thread. I'm just a little cautious that there isn't a habit that becomes reinforced that the people who work for carriers are somehow not good people and several in this thread led with that. It's really not fair. I've seen sales people putting up with stuff no one should have to put up with and I've had T-Mobile people go out of their way to help me and be very professional. I'm also sure that there are some who could use more experience and training and it sounds like you ran into one of them.

Congrats on getting everything sorted out. Sounds like you are now on your way to being a BlackBerry expert.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 02:31 AM
    It seems like this is being taken a little personal like we all have a vengeance out against t-mobile customer service. I never said I had a problem with them, I just wanted to make sure they knew what happened. I wasn't a 'ranting' customer calling to complain and demand a refund. But if the sales man was doing something wrong it needed to be addressed. Also, I'm not a 'man'.
    07-31-09 02:43 AM
    It seems like this is being taken a little personal like we all have a vengeance out against t-mobile customer service. I never said I had a problem with them, I just wanted to make sure they knew what happened. I wasn't a 'ranting' customer calling to complain and demand a refund. But if the sales man was doing something wrong it needed to be addressed. Also, I'm not a 'man'.
    You're right on the money there. Some posting in this thread have a habit of taking things personally and causing problems in the forum.
    07-31-09 11:12 AM
    I just read this and was amazed at how a 19 year old acted! (applaud).
    07-31-09 11:29 AM
    I've had this happen with ATT twice but the rep was actually trying to help me and just missed a step or two in the process.
    07-31-09 11:38 AM
    I mean he may have been trying to help me but what he gave me wasn't really necessary for me or what I was looking for. In all honesty he was a nice guy and instead of having me pay full price (something crazy like 499.99) took off like a hundred bucks. So I really have no room to complain when he didn't have to do that in the first place. However I feel that if he was wanting to help me out and save money on my bill every month it may have been smarter to ask what I would be using my blackberry for, in my opinion anyways.
    07-31-09 01:35 PM
    Good job.... hopefully the sales person just made a mistake....
    07-31-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD