Hey friends, i was out there in market and i fall in love with blackberry. I'm thinking to buy one as it has better IMs, beautiful interface, nice trackball, good shape etc etc. But before buying I'd a question. Once I bought bb, i'll not subscribe to bb services as they are costly here in Saudi Arabia (for me really, i m student), so the question is can I sycn emails from my Live and Yahoo account through my wifi or gprs data plan? just like in Nokia.
    Thanks
    06-26-10 05:49 PM
    If you do not plan on having a Blackberry data plan, you will not be able to use any Blackberry features that need a data or email plan to use them.

So in other words, no email that can not be accessed via wifi, using the wifi only browser.

Edit: just turned off cell radio, while you can't sync web based emails to your Blackberry, you can access them with the web browser, but will only be able to read and delete them, not save them to your device.

So hope that helps you.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 06-26-10 at 09:45 PM.
    06-26-10 09:27 PM
    You will only be able to get emails when you're on wifi and through the browser if you don't have a data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 09:39 PM
    You will only be able to get emails when you're on wifi and through the browser if you don't have a data plan.

hmm mean no email synchronization
    06-27-10 11:03 AM
    Correct, no data plan, no email synchronization to the phone.

06-27-10 09:58 PM
    And what about the trackball? trackball is better or trackpad? which one last longer?
    06-28-10 03:27 PM
    And what about the trackball? trackball is better or trackpad? which one last longer?
    That all will depend on how you are at taking care of your things. You should avoid having greasy/dirty/grimy hands when handling your phone especially with the trackball. Any pocket lint can also gum up your trackball. So ultimately, it depends on how clean you keep your hands and thumbs. Hope this helps.

06-28-10 08:42 PM
    Well, I had my old curve 8300 with trackball for 3 years now and I didn't care much for it (it's a work phone ). The trackball runs still great. Don't worry about the trackball.
    06-29-10 04:37 AM
    OK thanks friends. Matt_sleepless_in_NYC, ur comment made me happy man. im going today to grab 8900!
    06-29-10 06:42 AM
    One question more please,
    Does the Yahoo Messenger, MSN messenger, Facebook relies on BIS? If Im not subscribed to BIS, i cant use them over wifi or edge?
    06-29-10 08:12 AM
    One question more please,
    Does the Yahoo Messenger, MSN messenger, Facebook relies on BIS? If Im not subscribed to BIS, i cant use them over wifi or edge?
    If you don't have a BB data plan or partial data plan (which is what I have, meaning my service provider offers Unlimited Email + Unlimited Instant Messaging) it won't work without it over WiFi only.
    06-29-10 09:52 AM
    ok thats fine
    06-29-10 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD