Hi,

So all the buttons on my 8900 have suddenly stopped working (bar the scroll on the tracker ball), possibly down to having the phone in my back pocket during a rather sweaty cycle.
    The phone was also previously dropped into a mug of tea but quite amazingly worked perfectly after a days drying. Therefore it won't be covered in the warranty.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem? I was thinking of ordering a BlackBerry Curve 8900 OEM midplate from CNN. Does anybody with experience on the matter know if this will cure my phone or does the issue lie in the main circuit board?

The phone seems to work perfect bar the buttons and I tried upgrading the software.

Thanks
    08-05-09 03:02 PM
    I'm sure this is effects from the water damage. Sometimes they do not show up for some time after the event. For future reference, when your phone gets wet you should take the battery out immediately and then stick the phone in a bag or bowl of uncooked rice for 3 days.
    08-05-09 03:10 PM
    Yeah, it must be - I think it was the tea dip a few months ago which did the real damage too. I'm going to try replacing the midplate with the keyboard pcb to see if it will fix it tho chances are I'm wasting my time.
    08-05-09 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD