I having a problem getting my Business email to my phone. We are all of the blackberry people and everyone else has theirs on their email but I cant figure out how to get it and everyone is "too busy" to show me.

The instructions on the site are:

Configuring a Windows Mobile device to synchronize with your mailbox
    To configure a mobile device to synchronize with your mailbox:

On the mobile device, from the home screen, click Start, and then click ActiveSync.
    Click Menu, and then click Configure Server.
    Enter the server address. To obtain this address, contact the system administrator for your organization.
    If your organization uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), select the This server requires an encrypted (SSL) connection check box.
    Click Next.
    Enter your user name, password, and domain.
    Select the Save password check box.
    Click Next.
    Select the check box next to each type of information that you want to synchronize with the server, and then click Finish

But I have NO IDEA what all that means! And cant find it on my phone! HELP ME PLEASE!
    07-09-10 09:30 PM
    Well I can understand why: A BlackBerry is not a Windows Mobile device.

Let me see if I can find anything about it...

EDIT: Here is what I found... Doesn't help much. Google had poor results as well.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/ho...orking-180109/

AstraSync 3.0.16 - Easily Connect To An ActiveSync Server | CrackBerry.com

Did you try the email wizard? That's how we usually add emails to our devices. I have zero experience with BES and other business solutions but that would be a good start I guess.

This came up a few minutes after I finished editing: http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/activesync-46031/

Give adding via the Email wizard a try.
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-10-10 at 10:43 AM.
    07-10-10 10:28 AM
    Since I have to hook the phone up to my computer Im going to have to do that once I get home tonight.

I have already tried the Email wizard setup. I have 4 emails already coming to my phone so I know how to use that NO PROBLEM. When I set it up it says that my email/password are incorrect and recheck it. There is NO way its wrong since I check it by computer several times a day.

I know it CAN connect since like 10 people here have it all hooked up. They are just being duds and not showin gme how they got it set up.

ETA: Its weird because I can log onto my email online(browser) from my phone and send and receive emails, which I cannot do with any other email because RIM having push and not allowing actual internet access to emails. I just want to be lazy and not have to go online every time and wait for the page to load to send and receive emails.
    Last edited by mmartinez1987; 07-10-10 at 07:45 PM.
    07-10-10 07:40 PM
    Invite one of them for lunch then.

When you sit down, grab the device and force him/her to help.
    07-10-10 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD