As soon as i open my web browser it gives me "FORBIDDEN ERROR 403" a week ago i was able to use it to perfection.. the only thing i did is install opera mini 4.1 and uninstall it..

i've tried going into options>browser>internet browser instead of the telus browser but still gives me the error!?

Can anyone help me out? (i'll make you a custom ring tone if you can help )

thanks for reading and trying to help a brother out!
    10-30-08 06:50 PM
    Start by resending your service books.
    10-30-08 06:57 PM
    In BlackBerry Enterprise Server Version 4.1 and earlier, if you created a pull rule to prevent users from viewing content on HTTPS web sites, when users visited an HTTPS web site and then visited a web site that they were permitted to view on their BlackBerry devices, they received a “403” error.

Are you on the BES?
    10-30-08 06:59 PM
    Hate to be the barer of bad news but here is RIM's list of error codes and resolutions.
    BlackBerry Search Results
    10-30-08 07:14 PM
    Start by resending your service books.
    how do i do this? sorry i'm a 2 week old user
    and what is BES :S (im sounding like a total noob right now, but i catch on real fast!)
    i know how to access them through the advanced options but how to re-install?

Hate to be the barer of bad news but here is RIM's list of error codes and resolutions.
    BlackBerry Search Results
    so according to that page i would have to reinstall the OS,
    does that mean its a good time to upgrade from 4.3 to 4.5? or to do so i would have to reinstall 4.3 correctly the upgrade?

thanks guys
    Last edited by MTLean; 10-30-08 at 07:55 PM.
    10-30-08 07:52 PM
    Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > menu, register. Sounds like you need a OS install though. You can upgrade if you want but it could void your warranty and you MUST go step by step through the Sticky that walks you through it or you could cause much more damage.
    10-30-08 07:55 PM
    Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > menu, register. Sounds like you need a OS install though. You can upgrade if you want but it could void your warranty and you MUST go step by step through the Sticky that walks you through it or you could cause much more damage.
    ok got an email saying i was registered, but problem persists
    where do i get the original OS not to void warranty?
    and any ideas what caused this chaos in the first place?
    thanks again
    10-30-08 07:58 PM
    Try first going through the Telus website to find it.
    10-30-08 08:09 PM
    10-30-08 08:11 PM
    Here you go:

Telus Software
    yea i had googled it.. thanks!
    i'd be better off installing it now or going to the Telus store tomorrow (if they can do anything)?
    could/should i try a reboot by removing battery first?
    10-30-08 08:12 PM
    I wouldn't. A full service Telus store with techs can do the OS for you, but you'll be standing in there for 30-45 mins...follow the step by step VERY carefully and you'll fine. Many people with no bb knowledge have succeeded before..
    10-30-08 08:15 PM
    Telus would more likely give you a furbie (refurbished phone). Me personally. I say go for 4.5. I'll hold your hair back.
    10-30-08 08:37 PM
    I wouldn't. A full service Telus store with techs can do the OS for you, but you'll be standing in there for 30-45 mins...follow the step by step VERY carefully and you'll fine. Many people with no bb knowledge have succeeded before..
    damn, and they'll re-install 4.3 for free?
    i've installed a firmware on my Mike Phone (and PSP) before, does not scare me just real lazy after a big day

Telus would more likely give you a furbie (refurbished phone). Me personally. I say go for 4.5. I'll hold your hair back.
    if i install 4.5 that shouldnt affect my 8g media card right?
    and good luck at holding my hair back, im bald!
    10-30-08 08:47 PM
    No, if anything it would expand use of memory, but I think yours maxes out at 8gb anyway.
    10-30-08 08:52 PM
    no your card will be fine. You can take it out just to be sure.
    10-30-08 08:52 PM
    3 000 posts combine, you guys HAVE to be right
    thanks ill try installing it and give an update
    10-30-08 08:53 PM
    10-30-08 08:55 PM
    Beat me! See, pltaylor is faster, that's why he has so many more posts!
    10-30-08 08:56 PM
    a single reset did the job
    thanks everyone, CB FO LIFE
    10-30-08 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD