The brighter bar that covers the time, date, etc at the top of your screen... Is there anyway to turn it off?

.I'm talking about the one that's on your backround. I swear I had it off before and I was playin with backrounds today and noticed it.

I know its a newbie question, so thanks for your patience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-08 09:20 PM
    If I understand, that is a theme controlled thing. Some themes have a solid bar, some translucent, some have none.
    07-07-08 09:29 PM
    I checked the other themes on my BB, and they all have it... I haven't changed my theme since I got it a few days ago...
    I just never noticed it before and was wondering if it was possible to just turn off.
    It is a tranlucent bar though...least you know what I'm talking about lol.
    07-07-08 09:33 PM
    But there are so many different themes out there that could change it. I dont think you can at all.
    07-07-08 09:36 PM
    Its weird to me that I haven't even added new themes to my BB and haven't changed between the ones I do have... But I suddenly noticed this today lol. I didn't notice it before and I thought maybe I turned it on without trying...

Its not really something that's unoticeable, lol.

07-07-08 09:43 PM
    I have the bold theme as zen and i dont have that bar....
    07-07-08 11:44 PM
    Wait--are you talking about the bar that sometimes appears at the top of the Browser screen? That can be toggled on/off by pressing 'u'.
    07-07-08 11:45 PM
    Oh wow.. I didn't know that!
    Thanks NightFire!

07-07-08 11:53 PM
    The area of the home screen you're talking about is called the Banner and yes, it is theme controlled and can not be turned off by the user. Your options are to:

a) Live with it
    b) Find a theme that doesn't have it
    c) Download the Plazmic theme creator kit and build your own theme without the banner.
    07-08-08 12:52 AM
    Wait--are you talking about the bar that sometimes appears at the top of the Browser screen? That can be toggled on/off by pressing 'u'.
    I was wondering why I saw that sometimes and not others. I was hitting on "u". Thanks
    07-08-08 01:00 AM
    Cool trick on the "U". Thanks!
    07-08-08 07:54 AM
    Thank you all for the replys. I'm currently using the L theme, and haven't noticed the bar untill just yesterday, lol.

So you download that plazmic theme creator on your computer and when you create it, download it onto your BB?

07-08-08 09:10 AM
    Wow, cool stuff, thanks for being Berry Smart! Props to you!
    07-08-08 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD