Once connected, it should take you through the steps of reinstalling the OS back to your girl's BB......and after this.....don't mess with it again!
    03-28-09 11:53 PM
    never again...ill never play with her curve...ill stick to my storm...but i tried opening my bdm...and it doesn't do anything...not showing me any options to select...not even telling me if its connected...ima restart my pc to see if it changes...
    03-28-09 11:58 PM
    the app loader recognizes the bb, but not bdm...still claims it as disconnected...
    03-29-09 12:05 AM
    which version of dm are you using? is it 4.7? maybe that could be the problem?
    03-29-09 12:08 AM
    yea 4.7...cuz thats what i have for my storm...should i have a diff version...
    03-29-09 12:10 AM
    4.7 is known to be super finnicky with curves.. 4.6 is best, but you have a storm so.. and you cant have dm's on the same comp i think.. lets see what lex says..
    03-29-09 12:11 AM
    well, since i have diff users on my pc, can i can keep 4.7 under my user, and 4.6 for hers...that should be no prob...it wont hurt to try...
    03-29-09 12:13 AM
    most things dont hurt to try.. lol. yeah, give it a good ol college try..
    03-29-09 12:19 AM
    what does that mean...eat old pizza while playing beer pong...im dl'ing it now...hopefully (im praying to all known gods) that this works...this way wifey wont be upset with me...again...im gonna keep u guys updated...please do not go far from your screens...thanks...
    03-29-09 12:24 AM
    I use 4.7 with my Curve and havent had any issues.
    03-29-09 12:25 AM
    gee, thanks for shooting down my hopes...im still gonna try...what more can go wrong...
    03-29-09 12:27 AM
    what does that mean...eat old pizza while playing beer pong...im dl'ing it now...hopefully (im praying to all known gods) that this works...this way wifey wont be upset with me...again...im gonna keep u guys updated...please do not go far from your screens...thanks...
    I'm trying to stay near by and hook up my wireless printer at the same time.
    but you have heard about the problems that some people have had?
    i really appreciate the help...really do...im installing 4.6...lets see what happens...
    03-29-09 12:29 AM
    but you have heard about the problems that some people have had?
    Yes, I've heard of problems with 4.7 & Vista.
    03-29-09 12:31 AM
    If nothing else is working, read the BB 101 and maybe it can get that BB back up and running. It has helped many around here.

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry
    03-29-09 12:34 AM
    negative...app loader recognizes the phone...but not 4.7, 4.6...i have vista, could that be the other prob...i dont think we can resolve my issue at this point...
    03-29-09 12:35 AM
    I don't have Vista but I recall reading somewhere, something about setting administrative privileges. I'm sorry I cant be of any more help as I don't have Vista to troubleshoot.
    03-29-09 12:45 AM
    u have been wonderfull...im reading the link u gave me and hopefully i can get it working...if not, i guess i gotta buy a brand new phone...

i want to thank everyone for the help...u guys are great...
    03-29-09 12:52 AM
    something similar to this happened to me and when i downloaded dm4.6 i had to reinstall and save the os to my computer for the dm to recognize it. i opened up dm, plugged in my phone and oppened add/delete app, and it prompted me to intall the os/update.
    03-29-09 12:55 AM
    negative...app loader recognizes the phone...but not 4.7, 4.6...i have vista, could that be the other prob...i dont think we can resolve my issue at this point...
    If Apploader recognizes the BB, then doesn't the OS start to load if you do the following?

Go to C:Programs/Common Files/Research in Motion/Apploader/Loader.exe and double click on loader.exe

The OS should start to load.
    03-29-09 01:47 AM
    after a few grey goose and cran's, i finally got it to work...it wouldnt load the first 18 times i tried...when i started getting frustrated and tipsy, it finally made it...i have absolutly no clue what i did different, but whatever...you guys got me on the right track...now i can sleep good knowing my girl will not spaz on me in the morning...

ScandaLeX and kwmksavage, u guys are my saviors right now...
    03-29-09 02:11 AM
    right on! its ALIVE!!!!!!!
    that was all lex.. but glad i could help a little!
    03-29-09 02:14 AM
    after a few grey goose and cran's, i finally got it to work...it wouldnt load the first 18 times i tried...when i started getting frustrated and tipsy, it finally made it...i have absolutly no clue what i did different, but whatever...you guys got me on the right track...now i can sleep good knowing my girl will not spaz on me in the morning...

ScandaLeX and kwmksavage, u guys are my saviors right now...
    Tonix, I'm so glad you got it to finally work. Did you get the OS installed? If I were you, I wouldn't tell her all the he77 you went through- just show her that she has a new OS.

right on! its ALIVE!!!!!!!
    that was all lex.. but glad i could help a little!
    It's not a one man or woman show around here....everyone counts and does that part even if there part is just encouragement.
    03-29-09 02:24 AM
    ohh, trust me, she wont know a thing...all she knows is that she has a new os...nothing more, nothing less...

its amazing that i have installed and cooked roms for my old htc phones, but a simple os upgrade from bb was a nightmare...i was ready to throw it out the window...but hopefully my next upgrade will be a lot simpler...

i really appreciate you guys and this forum...i will def learn a lot from here...
    03-29-09 02:32 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD