I got this used 8310 on att for a friend of mine who has no BB exp.
    Good shape, clean esn....all that good stuff

I have a BB 8330 i bought new and have done minor OS upgrades, theme etc but certainly not a pro with it.

My question is, what should I do for him at this point, wipe it clean? It has hundreds of contacts in it.

The OS needs to be upgraded for sure, i checked. Should I do the backup before the upgrade or no?

Can you point me to the right thread please?
    I dont want to brick it, since its not mine but want to help my buddy get dialed in.

thanks
    06-25-09 04:15 PM
    Should I do the backup before the upgrade or no?
    Any data contained on the phone should be erased to protect the privacy of the original owner. The best way to do that is a handheld wipe.

Options / Security Options / General Settings. Menu / Wipe Handheld.

That will give you a fresh start with the current software. Upgrading is streight forward from there.

You will a link to the latest carrier approved OS software and directions for installing it at the top of this forum topic.
    06-25-09 04:25 PM
    Just did the wipe, thanks Reed!
    06-25-09 04:40 PM
    Follow the instructions of the first post in the 4.5.0.163 OS for the 8310 sticky thread at the top of the forum.

No need to worry about backing up following the wipe.
    06-25-09 04:53 PM
    Half the fun is learning and discovering what these puppies can do point him to crackberry and especially the Blackberry 101 lectures and the media corner for ringtones, vids, wallpapers and themes.

I wish I had a friend like you
    Kudos to you

I hope your kindness is returned 100 fold
    06-25-09 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD