He's currently using a 8310 and that has bn his 1st and ONLY Berry.. I got him this 8520 because he really likes the Curve so I thought I'd upgrade it for him. I must say it's my first experience with the trackpad vs the trackball.. I'm kinda diggn it. Any pros an cons of this fone are welcome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 02:01 PM
    You are a good kid and he is a lucky dad. Now get him to sign up here. We'll take
    good care of him
    05-28-10 02:09 PM
    Can I adopt you? :P

05-28-10 02:15 PM
    That would be a nice gift! Personally, I think that the 8520 is better than the 8310. It has a faster processor, better display, better battery life, it has dedicated media keys, and the best thing is the trackpad. Although it doesn't have a flash, it's still a nice phone.
    05-28-10 03:50 PM
    Good job, he'll be addicted like the rest of us in no time.
    05-28-10 05:26 PM
    I wish my kids would buy me gifts like that. I usually get stuck with golf balls.
    A good pro to the 8520/8530 is defiantly the track pad. No more worrying about the ball getting all gummed up with dirt or lint.
    05-29-10 11:24 AM
    I bet he does too! I'm his wife!!! Lol... I was playing with this phone lastnight when he was @ work and noticed the "no flash" but he doesn't take a lot of pictures so I'm sure he'll be ok with that. I really think he'll like this phone (I do but I'm still not coming off my 8900!)

05-30-10 11:16 AM
    I bet he does too! I'm his wife!!! Lol... I was playing with this phone lastnight when he was @ work and noticed the "no flash" but he doesn't take a lot of pictures so I'm sure he'll be ok with that. I really think he'll like this phone (I do but I'm still not coming off my 8900!)

I have been more impressed with the camera and no flash than the one on my original curve or pearl. It takes very good pictures considering it's resolution. The software does a really good job of enhancing the picture to its best potential.
    05-30-10 11:26 AM
    So if the flash is the only complaint so far I guess this was a good purchase (75.00 Like new condition 9/10)

05-30-10 01:03 PM
    Dohhh!!!! didnt know he was that type of ol' man,,,sorry
    05-30-10 01:08 PM
    So if the flash is the only complaint so far I guess this was a good purchase (75.00 Like new condition 9/10)

I would categorize it as a Great Purchase for that price. Congratulations!!!
    05-30-10 02:07 PM
    Yes, that was a thoughtful and hopefully appreciated gift. Coming from the 8310, I'd be really tickled, all that memory to play with! (Comparatively, of course!)

05-30-10 03:50 PM
    Haha.. Let you know how it turns out~ thanks guys

05-30-10 10:17 PM
    Well I guess he REALLY does like his new toy.. I upgraded to a 9700 in the last week and gave him 1st shot @ my Ulocked Unbranded Mint condition 8900.. Not even interested!

06-13-10 01:04 PM

he'll love it! LOL!!

Btw I have had mine for two weeks, and in that time it has restarted three times. Took it in to let the tech have a look at it, and he said there usually is a 'shim' behind the battery door... he put one in and so far so good... I'm liking this so far... ( but if it does it one more time, ... Grrr! LOL!)
    06-13-10 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD