I bought the Transcend 8g...I have read some posts on formatting and some say format on the phone and some suggest formatting on the computer.

Please let me know what you think and I would appreciate any other tips you might have on installing/using the new card. It will be here in a couple of days so I am getting prepared.
    08-18-09 10:58 AM
    Not for sure why you would have to format the memory card as I have bought 2 different cards and neither one needed formating. I just opened the package and installed the memory card. And everything worked fine.

Just follow the directions in your manual and you should have no problems installing the card. That's all I did. Make sure you have it seated properly and you will have the added benefit of extra storage space.

I installed a 4 gig first and then just recently an 8 gig and love loading it up with movies and music. So nice to have the extra 4g.

Enjoy...
    08-18-09 11:03 AM
    My method is to install the new card, then go to Options, Media Card. Press the menu button and select 'Format Card'. I've never attempted to run the card without formatting but clearly it works for some users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD