I bought an 8330 a few months ago and about a month after I got it, the sound stoped working WTF. Has any one encountered this issue and is there a remedy? obviously with Boost I dont have the option of insurance or anything like that. any help is appreciated
    08-20-10 03:02 PM
    Uhm I am assuming you tried a battery pull? If that doesn't work make sure the volume is up with the volume rockers on the right of the phone. Other than that, I don't really know what else to say, never happened to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 03:05 PM
    yea, I did a battery Pull, checked the volume, tried using diffrent profiles, did the audio test....nothing, no sound at all....and its not just ring tones, I cant listen to music through the speaker, or hear audio from video.
    08-20-10 03:22 PM
    Wonderful. I just got mine yesterday and I can barely hear it ring. And it is on loud on all settings. I just got a ring tone from here and you can't hear it at all!
    08-20-10 03:54 PM
    If you're within 30 days of purchase, just exchange it for another one.
    08-20-10 05:45 PM
    This happen to me before, but a battery pull actually fixed the problem for a day. Did you recently downloaded any apps? Try uninstalling them then do a battery pull. This is what fixed that problem for me, an app I download what was causing the sound not to work for whatever reason. It even wouldn't let me play music like yours. If this doesn't fix it then your speaker might be broken.

08-21-10 08:15 AM
    Yeah it sounds like you got unlucky, I got 2 8330 devices from Boost and everything works just fine. Return it for a new one and say that it is faulty.

08-21-10 11:08 AM
    So last night I completely deleted my curves OS down to the 507 error and Reinstalled it back to factory.........STILL NO SOUND! uuugh must be the spearker.....I guess ill have to buy a new speaker and replace it. This SUCKS.
    08-30-10 10:37 AM
    So last night I completely deleted my curves OS down to the 507 error and Reinstalled it back to factory.........STILL NO SOUND! uuugh must be the spearker.....I guess ill have to buy a new speaker and replace it. This SUCKS.
    Call boostmobile-they should replace it since they have a yr warranty on them..they replaced my friends -her screen went completely out after a 2 months owning it and they shipped her a replacement and she had to send the default one back to them...
    08-30-10 12:49 PM
    Call boostmobile-they should replace it since they have a yr warranty on them..they replaced my friends -her screen went completely out after a 2 months owning it and they shipped her a replacement and she had to send the default one back to them...
    Really? I didnt think boost would replace it since its quote on quote, prepaid, and i bought it from best buy. but hey, i might as well give them a call. I wonder what happens if you dont return the old one LOL
    08-30-10 02:31 PM
    Really? I didnt think boost would replace it since its quote on quote, prepaid, and i bought it from best buy. but hey, i might as well give them a call. I wonder what happens if you dont return the old one LOL
    So did my friend-she bought her's at bestbuy and they replaced with no problems...I believe in 3 days she had her replacement ..then she went to the ups store and shipped it back the next day-no shipping cost to her.

I wonder what happens if you dont return the old one LOL
    Reply With Quote they will stick with the cost for both of them lol
    Last edited by mzceetee; 08-30-10 at 03:16 PM.
    08-30-10 03:12 PM
    So did my friend-she bought her's at bestbuy and they replaced with no problems...I believe in 3 days she had her replacement ..then she went to the ups store and shipped it back the next day-no shipping cost to her.

I wonder what happens if you dont return the old one LOL
    Reply With Quote they will stick with the cost for both of them lol
    I wonder if they would just put my account to negative 149.99 or something LOL

Well i just got off the phone with boost, and they opened up a case, took down my address info and may be sending me a new phone.....she said they have to send it to another department for review it and approve it...got my fingers crossed.
    08-30-10 03:32 PM
    I wonder if they would just put my account to negative 149.99 or something LOL

Well i just got off the phone with boost, and they opened up a case, took down my address info and may be sending me a new phone.....she said they have to send it to another department for review it and approve it...got my fingers crossed.
    I have a good feeling they will send you a replacement...lol I wish mines was 149.99 hahahah I paid full value when boost first released them ....I could have/no I am not going to tell a story-I needed a phone like NOW lol
    08-30-10 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD