I was in the metro tonight and a young lady told me that Boost does not work in the metro, however, I do know that Sprint and Verizon do. If I were to use an 8350i Blackberry in the metro: would it work? I am thinking no, with hope that someone proves this wrong.

Anyone with a converted 8350i (Boostberry) that has tried this in the metro: your observations would be appreciated. Thank you.
    08-08-09 10:32 PM
    Which metro? Nyc boost gets service wherever iden signals can be received. I can only speak for nyc. The network is a bit choppy for every network when underground. I see everyone lose service at the same place when riding the train and regain service at the same time too. Depends on where you are.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 08:08 AM
    Good question. Washington DC.
    08-09-09 08:57 AM
    Haven't the slightest of clue but I will indicate the new info into this threads title! Have you checked out the boost mobile service map for your area yet? It isn't a bad service provider in most metro area's across the states.
    08-09-09 10:19 AM
    i've got nextel and as long as im not underground (arlington cemetery, franconia-springfield), reception is fine. Once i go underground tho (metro center, rosslyn), i lose all reception. not sure how similar the two networks are, but hopefully this helps.
    08-15-09 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD