Anyone using a Boost setup wth hosted exchange and hosted BES? I saw a guy say he was going to try mailstreet back in April but he never came back and said if it worked. I am interested in what features you are able to make work and do the normal flacky issues remain or does this solve some of those issues? Thanks in advance.
    06-26-09 01:58 PM
    I had this same thought. Has anyone tried this?
    08-27-09 11:03 AM
    Wats a hosted exchange

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 10:55 PM
    Shawtywannathug: "Wats a hosted exchange"
    You can lease space on someone's MS exchange or Blackberry Enterprise Server. You're basically paying for all of your email to get routed through BES. I've seen the accounts as low as $7/mo. If you add that to the $50/mo for Boost, you're still well below Sprint/Verizon/T-Mobile, and you have all of the services of a berry.

I've done a little more research and thinking about this. Here's the good and bad, from what I can tell.

Your service books would be through their BES, so internet/calendar/berry messaging should work fine. At that point the only thing that Boostberries would need to 'fix' is texting, which has been explained elsewhere, so that's not an issue.

Because all of the email for a given domain will be going through their servers, you'll need to register a domain. You can set your berry to mask its send address though, so it doesn't matter what address you use. If your primary email address is Gmail/Yahoo/Hotmail, you'd set it to forward all of your email to the new address and then you can set your berry to mask its address and send as Gmail/Yahoo/Hotmail (even though the address its using is [email protected]).

I've contacted one BES host and asked them several questions. The sales rep said that he thought it would work, but is checking with his technical team and will follow up with me later today. Right now it looks to me like this will work. I can't wait for my berry to arrive so that I can experiment.
    08-28-09 12:10 PM
    Well, on further inspection, I don't think this is going to work. The technical rep asked if my Blackberry account is Blackberry Enterprise Server enabled. Of course with Boost I don't have a Blackberry account at all. I'm still going to try it, but its looking like this may not work out after all.
    08-29-09 10:26 AM
    Boost doesn't support BES, but there are ways around that.

isupportdesk.wordpress.com/2010/03/03/boost-mobile-now-sells-blackberry-curve-can-you-use-it-with-exchange-or-bes/
    05-28-10 02:12 PM
    Boost doesn't support BES, but there are ways around that.

isupportdesk.wordpress.com/2010/03/03/boost-mobile-now-sells-blackberry-curve-can-you-use-it-with-exchange-or-bes/
    This may be a dumb question but here goes...Why would you need this if you have the BIS with the Boost BB Curve 8330?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 04:38 PM
    I blieve its because they're trying to get more functionality on the boostberry 8350i i.e. messenger, etc...
    05-31-10 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD