Ok, I have a blackberry 8310 that was locked to AT&T, I had it unlocked, and recently discovered that the Boost Mobile Sim I wanted to use doesnt work with it, due to the different softwares and frequencies of the networks.. This is a disappointment.. seriously. Im a pre-paid user, with nothing but texting and web use.. AT&T No longer offers unlimited web usage for prepaid. Boost does. I mod Motorola Raxrv3xx daily.. so I know a little about modding. Is there a way to flash the blackberry with a new software or something to to fix this? Or am I just plain out of luck.. What other carriers operate on GSM Networks? Thanks!!
    07-03-09 08:04 PM
    Cincinnati Bell works great, if you live in southwestern ohio lol. Its called Revel in other places, i think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 02:22 AM
    you need an 8350i to work with boost mobile which is why the one that you have did not work.
    07-04-09 02:34 AM
    Boost Mobile is not a GSM service. It runs on both Sprint's CDMA network and Nextel's iDEN network. If you want to use a Blackberry Boost Mobile, you would have to purchase a 8350i and unlock it. But, there is no guarantee that it would work 100%.

Source
    As Boost Mobile in the U.S. is wholly owned by Sprint Nextel, they run on both Sprint's CDMA network and Nextel's iDEN network. Unlimited by Boost is designated for the CDMA handsets and is primarily marketed in the Southern and Southwestern US. Boost Nationwide Unlimited (aka Monthly Unlimited Plan), which differs from their previous unlimited plan, is offered for iDEN handsets as of January 22, 2009. [4] Boost Mobile's walkie-talkie service (only on iDEN handsets) is compatible with Nextel's in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Peru and with Telus Mobility in Canada. Boost offers a $10 add-on to their $50 monthly unlimited to allow unlimited walkie-talkie service between these countries with unlimited international walkie-talkie. [5]"]As Boost Mobile in the U.S. is wholly owned by Sprint Nextel, they run on both Sprint's CDMA network and Nextel's iDEN network. Unlimited by Boost is designated for the CDMA handsets and is primarily marketed in the Southern and Southwestern US. Boost Nationwide Unlimited (aka Monthly Unlimited Plan), which differs from their previous unlimited plan, is offered for iDEN handsets as of January 22, 2009. [4] Boost Mobile's walkie-talkie service (only on iDEN handsets) is compatible with Nextel's in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Peru and with Telus Mobility in Canada. Boost offers a $10 add-on to their $50 monthly unlimited to allow unlimited walkie-talkie service between these countries with unlimited international walkie-talkie.
    Source
    Most Nextel-branded iDEN phones can be used with the Boost service with the addition of a Boost SIM card. However, Boost Mobile will not guarantee all service features if a Nextel-branded handset is chosen.
    AT&T and T-Mobile are the big GSM carriers. If you are looking to use a pre-paid service, do your research. There are several out there that are GSM and would allow you to use the Blackberry you already own.

Here's a list of several wireless carriers in the US. Some are CDMA, some are GSM; make sure you look under the "Voice Technology" column to find the GSM ones.
    Last edited by KasiCatastrophe; 07-04-09 at 09:22 AM.
    07-04-09 09:18 AM
    IF Boost is owned by Sprint, then I am guessing the new BlackBerry Tour will work on boost's network.

Boost Mobile is not a GSM service. It runs on both Sprint's CDMA network and Nextel's iDEN network. If you want to use a Blackberry Boost Mobile, you would have to purchase a 8350i and unlock it. But, there is no guarantee that it would work 100%.

AT&T and T-Mobile are the big GSM carriers. If you are looking to use a pre-paid service, do your research. There are several out there that are GSM and would allow you to use the Blackberry you already own.

Here's a list of several wireless carriers in the US. Some are CDMA, some are GSM; make sure you look under the "Voice Technology" column to find the GSM ones.
    07-20-09 08:58 PM
    IF Boost is owned by Sprint, then I am guessing the new BlackBerry Tour will work on boost's network.
    No it won't. The tour does not have an iDEN radio (Nextel), it has CDMA/GSM.
    07-20-09 09:02 PM
    There is both boost iDEN and CDMA. The CDMA is still a test market getting rid of virgin mobile. The iDEN portion will not work on any pda phones. If your looking for data you are not looking for iDEN unless you like 1996 dial up
    07-20-09 11:15 PM
    how do u unlock it 4 boost
    08-11-09 11:43 PM
    how do u unlock it 4 boost
    You need to get an unlock code from either Sprint/Nextel or purchase one from an unlocking service.
    08-11-09 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD