So I am a boostberry user with the 8350I, I am on a pay per minute plan, with no data plan, but thanks to the beauty of boosberry, I get the internet on the IDEN network.. I have been using this for a lil over a week. Today I message from blackberry saying "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network."

Why would be getting this message if I am not using a BIS or BES Data plan? I did do a bunch of installing and removing of apps several hours before this message came up.

Any help would be appreciated, and I have alreayd learned so much from this community as this is my first BB, and I love it.
    Thanks
    05-19-10 02:18 AM
    A lot of time your handheld has to be registered before certain things will work. I have a 8350i with boost berry but I have the monthly unlimited plan. When I first got the phone I received this same message. Also I had to install some new service books to get my msging to work properly and I think I had to re register my phone. I don't know why you would randomly get this mesg after a week of having the phone unless it has something to do with you paying. By the minute this probably isn't much helpbut I'm fairly new with my bb also. I would suggest going to monthly unlimited though it would be cheaper in the long run..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 08:10 AM
    It is a message sent to your device from your carrier when the device has been "registered" on the network for data access. It can occur after an OS update, service book update, soft reset, etc. Go to Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register and press Register, and you will get the same message.

No need to be alarmed.
    05-19-10 11:55 AM
    ok thanks.. I went out today (i dont have cell service at home), and I still cant connect to the BIS or BES, nor should I be able to, since I effectively dont have a data plan to speak of, and boost has not enrolled me in their data plan, so nothing has changed other than a random message from BB..

THanks for the help
    05-19-10 04:36 PM
    If you get internet on Boost Mobile that is data.

05-19-10 05:43 PM
    If you get internet on Boost Mobile that is data.

Yes I know, but for some reason I dont get charged for data, and I am on a pay per minute plan.. From what I have read it is because the 8350I is not a boost phone, and they cant track the data use. I have been using it for a week now, and have not been charged
    05-19-10 06:05 PM
    From the Boost Mobile website, they charge $.35 daily for data use on the Pay Per Minute plan. Are you sure they are not charging you the $.35 when you use data (internet)?
    05-22-10 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD