Hey Guys,

I read tons of paperback books and run into the problem of knowing which books I already own due to re releases. Does anyone know of a free/pay application that lets me use the camera to scan in a book and it keeps a database?

Thanks!
    08-08-09 03:34 PM
    Make an excel spreadsheet/database on your computer and save the file to your memory card in your BB using Mass Storage Mode.

Use Documents to Go to view the Excel File and/or add in your book info.
    08-08-09 03:38 PM
    not quite the easy solution i was hoping for... You know how the G1 can use the camera to scan a barcode? I was wondering if anyone has done that with the blackberry yet.
    08-08-09 04:08 PM
    I use an excel file. I got tired of buying books I already owned.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 04:23 PM
    not quite the easy solution i was hoping for... You know how the G1 can use the camera to scan a barcode? I was wondering if anyone has done that with the blackberry yet.
    I know what you are saying/wanting, but think about it... first of all the app would take up device memory, then the app would have to query a database somewhere, most likely an online one, which would make it slow.

Sometimes the simple/manual method is the better method. It's the KISS principle.
    08-08-09 04:34 PM
    device memory is no issue... :P ... and the database would be on the phone itself... sku's last time i checked were universal

but i see what ya mean... I will try that and see if it annoys me to much :P
    Last edited by carmon355; 08-08-09 at 04:56 PM.
    08-08-09 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD