I've got an 8330, and I love it, does everything except tuck me in at night. If I get something jammed up in my trackball, all I have to do is pry the wee ring loose, pop out my trackball, give it a little clean and pop it back in, good as new. What happens if you get something stuck in the trackball of a Bold 9000, Tour 9630, or a Curve 8900? Is the panel over the trackball easy to pry off? I've always wondered this, and with USCC gearing up to unleash the Tour I just wanna know if this is a problem in the newer devices. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 04:15 PM
    you cant do that with tours.. you have to take the whole phone apart to access the trackball from the back. not sure about the bold and the 8900..
    10-22-09 04:38 PM
    Same on the 8900, you need to open it.
    10-22-09 07:24 PM
    If it gets stuck likely you can take it to a store to get it fixed (assuming the upside down rolling trick doesn't work).

But yeah, you have to disassemble the entire thing otherwise, which isn't worth it imo.
    10-22-09 08:00 PM
    The Bold, Tour, and Curve 8900 all need to be opened in order to remove the trackball. It's not very hard, just unfortunate that it voids your warranty - unless you remove the white sticker that is on one of the screws and put it back on right after you put the phone back together.
    10-23-09 09:04 AM
    Since it requires it to be taken apart, make sure you keep your warranty in effect. For the first year, at least, a non functioning TB is a valid reason to get a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD