i have the curve for AT&T and i want to get a new phone but dont know which 1 i should get. i have used the bold from my friend n i like it a lot but i think it might be 2 big but i would get used 2 it. i had the iphone and it froze a lot thats y i switched 2 a blackberry so i dont know how the storm would work, and the 8900 is most like the curve i heard but not sure what i should do
    12-31-08 06:44 PM
    Well first question...Do you like touch screens or not a fan of them?
    12-31-08 07:01 PM
    i think theyr cool
    12-31-08 07:23 PM
    I had a touchscreen phone once I thought it was cool at first then i hated it but i played with the storm at a verizon store the other day and its pretty cool but I just ordered the bold the curve 8900 looks cool I messed around with the bold last month I prefer the bold, dont get me wrong I love my curve but the bold yeah thats where its at for me
    12-31-08 08:05 PM
    Bold is the only option...you are already on ATT
    Bold has true 3G where you can surf and talk and text at the same time ..the Bold is the ONLY BB that can do this
    the Bold is rock solid right now after going through the early incarnations of the OS...
    the Storm is a headache waiting to happen..i wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole...the javelin is a mini bold with no 3G there is pretty much no choice to be made BOLD BOLD BOLD!!!
    12-31-08 08:09 PM
    but the bold is a lot more money
    12-31-08 08:16 PM
    and the Bold is worth it
    you shoulda said you were broke from the jump....lmao
    better get a RAZR
    12-31-08 08:19 PM
    the fastest BB available
    the only BB that makes use of TRUE 3G
    WiFi and GPS
    rock solid OS (.217)
    yea its gonna cost more than the lesser Bbs
    12-31-08 08:26 PM
    but the bold is a lot more money
    Right now actually no. An unlocked 8900 will run you 50-100 more bucks than a 9000 unlocked.
    12-31-08 08:31 PM
    the only BB that makes use of TRUE 3G
    As opposed to the Storm on EVDO Rev. A, which is 3G?

And all the other Blackberrys that have EVDO Rev. 0, which is also 3G?
    Last edited by dvdfan2k; 12-31-08 at 10:01 PM.
    12-31-08 08:39 PM
    I tink you should go bold! I had a curve(8310) and I have played around with a friends storm and I still think the bold is best!
    01-01-09 03:52 AM
    You know what I found funny. I visited 2 wireless stores and only one employee used it to sync to Outlook. I guarantee you not one of them could explain to me what Microsoft Exchange server is. So, with that in mind:

Bold? It's true purpose will be lost on those who are looking for a full keyboard just so they can more easily send texts. It really is a biz tool and there are better alternatives for more social-esque clinetele.

Storm? Just try b4 you buy.

And my recommendation? Curve 8900. It is really small, screen is tack sharp as the Bold, easy to type, and it looks nice. I am guessing this is the cheapest of the 3 phones. I don't care that 3g is missing b/c 4g will be coming soon enough with "maybe" more stable signals.
    01-01-09 10:35 AM
    Carriers are just now getting 3G networks into the widespread market. Yet it has definitely been in the arsenal for 2-3 years. I wouldn't really count on 4G getting bandwidth until late 2009. If anyone has evidence otherwise, please link it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 11:47 AM
    As opposed to the Storm on EVDO Rev. A, which is 3G?

And all the other Blackberrys that have EVDO Rev. 0, which is also 3G?
    I think he is referring to HSPA. HSPA allows for simultaneous voice and data, and the Bold is the only BlackBerry that can do this right now.
    01-01-09 01:07 PM
    Bold? It's true purpose will be lost on those who are looking for a full keyboard just so they can more easily send texts. It really is a biz tool and there are better alternatives for more social-esque clinetele.
    Yes it is a business tool, but it can also be a personal phone. Please tell me a better alternative for social use that has all of the following... An amazing screen, a perfect physical keyboard, a multimedia powerhouse, a really fast processor and awesome email capabilities. Oh, and don't forget that the device is damn sexy.
    01-01-09 01:14 PM
    i have the curve for AT&T and i want to get a new phone but dont know which 1 i should get. i have used the bold from my friend n i like it a lot but i think it might be 2 big but i would get used 2 it. i had the iphone and it froze a lot thats y i switched 2 a blackberry so i dont know how the storm would work, and the 8900 is most like the curve i heard but not sure what i should do
    Storm is pretty solid especially when the os is upgraded but there is a little learning curve due to touch screen. Bold has a nice high res screen too but obviously the screen size is limited by the keyboard. As for 4G I would say probably near 75% of your contract being done it might come out so a year and a half and its not a whole lot extra to get a phone with it. A phone from at&t is probably the cheaper option because you can get upgrade prices.
    01-01-09 05:14 PM
    I think he is referring to HSPA. HSPA allows for simultaneous voice and data, and the Bold is the only BlackBerry that can do this right now.
    Only one without the use of wifi.
    01-01-09 05:38 PM
    My choice between the 3 would be the Bold, but since I am a gadget freak, I will have all of them when they come to AT&T.

I have the Bold now and love it...

Simultaneous voice and data is one of the biggest reasons to choose the Bold over the Storm. The other being the touchscreen on the Storm wasn't for me at least not yet.

The Curve 8900 although it doesn't have 3g, you can use wifi to utilize the same voice and data benefits (and faster, depending on the connection) as the Bold. The 8900 also has more application memory, better camera @ 3.2mp and a better resolution on the screen.
    01-01-09 05:48 PM
    Yeah I believe the storm cam is 3.2 as well.
    01-01-09 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD