I play stereo music all the time via BT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 04:47 PM
    yes you can either PLAY r LISTEN... not both. thats why we cant have our BT RING the ringtones we set for them. someone needs to fix this though...
    03-07-09 04:50 PM
    I play stereo music all the time via BT.

You can do this normally without the "trick" that someone pointed out? With a one ear BT headset (like Jawbone)?
    03-07-09 04:52 PM
    No sorry I use a stereo BT headset. Jabra 3030. About $40. On ebay

03-07-09 04:57 PM
    still searching and actually got back here through the Google search results!
    03-07-09 05:17 PM
    You know the funny thing is when you use the wired headset that came
    With the phone,the phone is ringing on incoming calls and not the headset
    .So it should be the same over BT. Unless everybody at stackeouts uses BT
    I totaly support you guys with the email campaign.

03-07-09 08:32 PM
    I thought that sheeit was just as dumb as ,I don't even know what. How does a phone connected by wires for sound bypass the wires for sound? I was stuck when I got off the train and didn't hear my ringtone through the wired headset. People getting off the train looking back at me funny like, I thought I saw you with the headset on, why is your hip singing miss new booty? That's just plain dumb. And if this is a police device, why do I feel like I'm sticking out like a sore thumb? Like officer, I think your wife is trying to get your attention on the phone. But you can't hear it cuase you are focusing on what's to your left and your phone is on your right.

03-07-09 08:56 PM
    As most of you here know, the only real problem i have had with this phone is the fact that my $150.xx jawbone II bluetooth wasnt ringing my ringtones. I sat around and hoped for a fix through the OS releases. but that wasn't addressed. After a message from Sprint was released concerning the echo most older devices were having without a case on it, I thought to myself, Why the heck isn't there a bluetooth fix for it yet. And so I wrote a letter to Mr.hesse, the CEO/Founder of Sprint. It was not him who replied back to me but a person who was in charge of this area. He and I had about three conversations and came to the conclusion or rather the result of my bluetooth just not being compatible. Reason why? Its not A2dp. Its something else? anyways... I just thought I'd let everyone know that there will be no sort of OS update addressing this issue. And if your Bluetooth only alerts you for calls this is why! It will only be able to with an A2DP compatible Earpiece.

Now Along my search for any Bluetooth that had this, I found that most are two eared units. Sorry to have Known this since monday but i havent been able to be too active here lately cause my new schedule is early in the morning, and now i cant stay up all night like the good lord wanted Crack heads to be. I will be adding some compatible bluetooths pictures and names. Please feel free to post any comments , tips , work-arounds, prices , deals etc... all and any info is a plus for me!

Thanks 4 your Reading time,
    JustLoveJoy!
    Sorry I have to disagree with what they told you. I have a jabra BT8040 1 ear A2DP (it streams my music just fine) and it 1 does not ring my ringtones in my ear it uses the generic ringtones and 2 I still want my GD phone to ring in addition to my earpiece (that has nothin to do with this topic lol) thanks
    03-19-09 06:55 PM
    I believe the OS handles Media Player output differently from ringtones. I can listen to music through my Jawbone just fine (sounds awful, tho). Hence the need to edit the OS files. I hope you guys find it out there! Be kinda nice to get that back.

03-19-09 07:12 PM
    well i believe it does require attention from rim because the generic ringtones arent working for me! i just got a new headset and it has a2dp but fails to alert me with my sesame street ringtone! or any others. i would like to learn how if its possible to do this! Freakn' jerks gave me bum data! jawbone 2 sux for listening to music! but the default media player wouldn't do it anyways!
    03-22-09 09:41 PM
    now I will tell you something very interesting, I have a motorola H500 headset and it plays my ringtones out of that, I tried it with this berry, my 8330 and a regular nextel flip, it worked on both berries but not the flip phone. how odd is that? and that bt is NOT a2dp
    03-22-09 09:46 PM
    i remember my h500... that thing went to the bottom of a live fish well on a boat, SALTWATER, and still worked!!!
    03-22-09 09:51 PM
    Well I will have to check it out and see if I like it. Right now I walk around with two bluetooths and neither work for ringtones!

03-23-09 04:00 PM
    so ever since i have had my BB, going on 2 and half months now, i have not really used or CHARGED my BT. well yesterday i wanted to see if it held a charge..... now its been just over 2 months and the d*** thing is still flashing blue!!! i had it on since about 8 last nite!!! i cant believe it!! just wanted to share....

WISH THEY WOULD FIX THIS SO I CAN HEAR WHOS CALLING ME!!!!!
    03-25-09 03:15 PM
    So if I'm understanding all this correctly what your saying is that there is no bluetooth device that will allow me to hear my different ringtones when someone calls me?
    04-30-09 07:33 AM
    So if I'm understanding all this correctly what your saying is that there is no bluetooth device that will allow me to hear my different ringtones when someone calls me?
    That is incorrect.
    04-30-09 09:36 AM
    It was told to me that we would have had this issue fixed upon the latest update! But that was a false hope to this day! I have a bt8010 and a jawbone2. Neither of them ring anything but their default ringtones. Its very much annoying and at times disappointing. I don't know but I think it might be a RIM thing more than a Sprint/Nextel thing but they all will have to say that having bluetooths ring ringtones that have been assigned to the devices. We all have to send emails and tell them our demands and requests!

04-30-09 10:31 AM
    you know i had the plantronice 510 when i had it paired with my i870 that thing was sweet it rang my ringtones and everything i really liked but like a dumb *** i broke the mic now the only way to find one is on the net and they only sell the one that you use with your homephone so instead of like $60 bucks its now $240. then last november i bought the plantronics 925 earpiece the so called worlds greates headset and you know what it really let me down i cant believe i paid $129 for it, it just sucks the batt dies quick no ringtones and no one can hear me clearly trying to sell it but no luck. the only cool thing about is that it comes with a charging case for a quick charge other than that it hurts my ear even though i tried all the ear wigs that came with it. just horrible.

Plantronics 72272-41 Plantronics Voyager 510S Bluetooth Headset System
    Last edited by ruizjes2; 04-30-09 at 12:36 PM.
    04-30-09 12:33 PM
    That is incorrect.
    Then please tell me what bluetooth device will allow me hear my different assigned ringtones...............I would be so greatful!!
    04-30-09 06:44 PM
    That is incorrect.
    Will you please tell me what device will work with my blackberry curve 8330 so I can hear my different ringtones. Thank you so much in advance!!!!
    04-30-09 06:48 PM
    SORRY for the duplicate post
    04-30-09 06:51 PM
    Don't worry bout the dupe posts. I will fix it! I don't think there's a bt that will work though. I have looked for a very long time! Either worked for someone and then they found it not to or just thought that it did!

04-30-09 08:38 PM
    Damn damn damn did we give up on the email campaign or what? I am still up to it . . we want the most out our devices not some lame corporate excuse to why it wont work. If the FBI can turn on your microphones and listen to conversations if your phone is not on a call (classified info on that) RIMM can make a fix for this small but very large wide spread problem with customers interest in mind!! Dont give up the fight!! we can make a difference.. One post at a time
    08-10-09 01:46 PM
    ... If the FBI can turn on your microphones and listen to conversations if your phone is not on a call (classified info on that)...
    I think your tin foil hat is on to tight ... LOL
    08-11-09 04:26 PM
    People getting off the train looking back at me funny like, I thought I saw you with the headset on, why is your hip singing miss new booty?
    nextel 8350i - $150
    jawbone2 - $75

the look on commuters faces as your
    hip singing ms new booty on the train - priceless
    08-12-09 06:06 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD