i wanted to send my coworker a couple of music files via bluetooth. i paired both phones up so that they were conneted. when i went to the file i wanted to send, selcted send by bluetooth, the transfer kept failing. i tried a couple more times, failed each and everytime. why are they failing when i paired both phones up?
    08-14-09 02:26 PM
    Before sending songs from mac,laptop or bluetooth enabled phone to Blackberry Curve 8900 via bluetooth, you should pair the bluetooth device with Blackberry Curve. for example, Pairing BlackBerry Curve 8900 and Computer: from BlackBerry home menu > Manage Connections > Bluetooth Options > Add Device, the BB curve will search for other bluetooth devices to pair with. select your device from the list of available Bluetooth devices, Enter the bluetooth passkey ( usually is 0000). The Curve will ask you if you want to remember the paired device for future connections, Choose yes or no. then on Computer enter the passkey when the window pops up.

then you should set up BlackBerry Curve 8900 to receive files via bluetooth. from BlackBerry Connections > Bluetooth Options > Press the menu key and select Options, change the Discoverable setting to Yes . when this setting was enabled, other bluetooth device can transfer songs to your BlackBerry Curve 8900.

Before you send songs from other bluetooth device, On the receiving BlackBerry Curve 8900, go into the Media section > choose Receive via Bluetooth , If you don’t tell the BlackBerry Curve 8900 to receive via Bluetooth first, it will reject any Bluetooth file transfer attempts from other devices.

To send songs via Bluetooth from your BlackBerry Curve 8900, you will go to Media > Music. Find the song you want to send. After highlighting the song, press the menu button and then select Send via Bluetooth.
    08-14-09 03:47 PM
    i wanted to send my coworker a couple of music files via bluetooth. i paired both phones up so that they were conneted. when i went to the file i wanted to send, selcted send by bluetooth, the transfer kept failing. i tried a couple more times, failed each and everytime. why are they failing when i paired both phones up?
    Just because they are paired doesn't mean they are connected. Try establishing a connection first.
    08-14-09 07:16 PM
    it may also depend on the phone. for what ever reason there are still phones out there that do not allow file transfer over bluetooth, most of them are cdma phones, like sprint. verizon, altell .
    08-14-09 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD