Last night I finally decided to perform surgery on my Berry to change the LED color for my trackball! I also made the metal ring the same color. The ring doesn't look GREAT (used the same Sharpie) but I just ordered a bright blue one from TrueSupplier. I had been afraid to take out the ring and trackball cuz I didn't want to break anything. But let me just say how easy it was! I'm sure most of you know all about it... I just wanted to share a picture of it with everyone!
    Last edited by chefsarah; 09-13-09 at 08:59 PM.
    09-13-09 08:36 PM
    I currently use a blue trackball I ordered from cnn.cn and love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 09:33 PM
    I would've gotten one but most of the ones I've seen are more of a royal blue. There's a certain shade I love which is an ocean blue/cyan. I just went to cnn.cn and ordered another ring! Lol... so thanks for the comment!
    Last edited by chefsarah; 09-13-09 at 09:58 PM.
    09-13-09 09:54 PM
    If you used permanent marker it will eventually wear off. I just put a pink one in my Girlfriends curve and she loves it. I would really suggest getting one from Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry,
    09-13-09 10:16 PM
    I'll keep that in mind! Thanks!
    09-13-09 10:25 PM
    09-13-09 11:07 PM
    The permanent marker will not "wear off", the plastic the trackball is made of is porous. The ink is embedded into the ball and will not come off.

I dyed my own TBs:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/dye...allery-144460/

09-13-09 11:49 PM
    Xliderider, thanks for sharing the link for the pic gallery. Very nice. Sorry I did not mention it before but I put a piece of tape colored with blue Sharpie over the LED. I just wanted to keep my post relatively short. So maybe the color will wear off. I don't think I'm brave enough yet to dye a trackball. Maybe I'll order an extra to experiment on. I'll refer back to your link as well. :-)

09-14-09 01:28 AM
    ^^--- is thinking of ordering an orange and black trackball with an orange ring for Halloween, a red and white trackball with green ring for Christmas, and black on black with a black ring for the rest of the year.

Wonder how well vinyl dye works on a Curve case?
    09-14-09 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD