I recently purchased a brand new blackberry curve 8330 for alltel. I dont live in the alltel home network. I called to activate the phone and went through all the prompts and the phone will not connect to the network. It recognizes the verizon network is availible and the the connections manager is turned on but there is a yellow bar next to it. The tower has an x next to it, im not sure if that means it has no service or if its there because it will not connect. PLEASE HELP
    05-12-09 02:01 PM
    Not sure if this will work for you or not, but it's probably worth a try. My wife had a connection problem with her 8330, and when she called VZW CS they simply told her to delete her service books, and resend them. Worked like a charm.
    05-12-09 02:06 PM
    Also go to options/advanced options/host routing table and press menu and select register now this might help too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 02:11 PM
    You can log in here, or create an account and send your service books here:

BlackBerry Internet Service

You also should try to update your PRL (Preferred Roaming List) by dialing *228, option 2 after you have established service to make sure you have the latest PRL in your BB.
    05-12-09 02:24 PM
    They won't allow me to create an account with BIS. I do what they say, and that's options/advanced options/host routing table and press menu and select register now, and it has gotten me no where. I have an Alltel Blackberry and I am trying to flash it fully to Cricket. Also, I have been looking all over the Internet to download it since I can't get it on BIS.
    06-26-09 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD