Hey,

I am taking a trip to india this 1oth. I have tmobile 8320 Blackberry Curve, runnning with 4.5 OS. I have edge gprs and unlimited data plan in USA. But if anyone has any info on how to use ur blackberry in india with a prepaid sim or anything please let me know

Thanks guys,

crackberry is the best!!!
    08-07-08 07:56 PM
    If you need it for email, tmobile has a 20 buck unlimited international email plan and I believe most major networks in India have gprs so you shouldn't have a problem receiving email. I don't know about Indian mobile prepaid plans though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 08:01 PM
    Im looking for all data, not just email, even thou that is important. I have unlimited data plan now, does that 20 add on to the bill or is it included in my current plan?
    08-07-08 08:22 PM
    The 20 bucks adds to the bill. Its an additional service. You won't get data but you'll be able to access email anywhere in the world, even in transit.

08-07-08 09:04 PM
    Go ahead and add international mail, it's worth it. While in India, make sure to connect to Airtel (at least in Bangalore), it has been the most reliable provider for me. And pack wireless access point with you - while at hotel and office, make sure to utilize wifi, it would save you a lot of money. Any data access other than mail you do, would be charged per K at pretty steep rate, my "usual" roaming charges after India trip are close to $500 and 150 is data related. Using access point, Curve and international mail plan, I was able to get it down to 200 during my last trip.
    08-07-08 09:16 PM
    Airtel is supposedly the Blackberry connection provider
    your data will be transmitted via airtel but for voice you may have to switch to other networks depending on your providers tieup.

I had a scenario where my provider was MTC kuwait and when i was down in Banglore i had to switch to airtel for data and to orange for voice.

Check with your provider for network Tieup with India
    08-10-08 03:54 AM
    airtel is the most reliable all over india. if you subscribe to uma, I hear tmomile is free to talk while on uma...most places have wifi uma in india.

08-10-08 04:27 AM
    I just chatted with a friend of mine in India. Depends on what city you're going to....there's a provider called "idea" and they charge a reasonable daily amount for edge accress on their prepaid cards and they also support push email on prepaid. You could check that out once you're there or google idea cellular for their website.

08-11-08 12:47 PM
    almost all providers, vodafone, airtel, bpl etc have bb services in india
    08-11-08 03:15 PM
    Yes indeed but not on their prepaid plans, you can ask your company to pick up a local sim for you. Just plonk your sim in, you dont need to do anything else then get the service books, then you're off!
    08-13-08 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD