I've had my new curve all of one day. So far I am really liking it! My one problem is after a day of use my right thumb hurts a lot. Does anyone else out there have this problem? Is it something that gets better? I guess ill have to suffer through the pain for now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 07:12 PM
    LOL, thats of typing too much... See in the storm your head would hurt of all the bugs and laggy pos keyboard it has. So appreciate its only your thumb, and it will get used to it.

Glad you likin your Curve!
    03-01-09 07:14 PM
    Just like when I started playing guitar many moons ago, my fingers hurt like h3ll - same was true for the blackberry, well my thumbs at least. In a matter of days it went gone away. I had thumb cramps last night with a new BBM contact but it was a long and fun conversation
    03-01-09 07:16 PM
    Heck i am going to buy stock in Tylenol
    03-01-09 07:24 PM
    I actually got a case of trigger thumb from using the berry. Its the same as trigger finger(google trigger thumb). So give your thumbs a rest and use your index finger.

03-01-09 07:29 PM
    The Patient says, "Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
    The Doctor says, "Then don't do that!"
    03-01-09 07:30 PM
    This gets a lot of talk, particularly on news websites. Apparently one doctor was claiming to do "blackberry thumb" surgery.
    03-01-09 07:31 PM
    lmao ive never had this problem and my texts monthly is about 34,000 every month !! guess i have lucky thumbs
    03-01-09 07:34 PM
    lmao ive never had this problem and my texts monthly is about 34,000 every month !! guess i have lucky thumbs
    Wait till you hit your golden years
    03-01-09 07:42 PM
    Wait till you hit your golden years
    GOLDEN YEARS ??? ....... spoken like a man with experience, So how far away is retirement ?
    03-01-09 07:47 PM
    That's the price we pay for using our bb so much. The bb thumb will subside in time...or at least mine did.
    03-01-09 07:50 PM
    GOLDEN YEARS ??? ....... spoken like a man with experience, So how far away is retirement ?
    Not close enough or 1 lucky lottery ticket
    03-01-09 07:53 PM
    Not close enough or 1 lucky lottery ticket
    That's strange that's what I said the last time I played the lottery LOL........... not close enough, 1 lucky lottery ticket please
    03-01-09 08:04 PM
    Maybe do some gentle stretching exercises with your thumbs, even rotate them gently in circles. Repetitive motion can induce pain, so perhaps this would help.
    03-02-09 05:42 AM
    Can't recall having this problem. Been using my berry since Sept now. But even if I did I would have suffered the pain!

03-02-09 07:03 AM
    Thank you all for the advice! I am coming from a palm centro, so I am used to typing, it must just be my thumb's are at a dif angle. I am about to start day 2 with the curve! I think I'll go do some thumb stretches!
    03-02-09 09:45 AM
    A waitress comes in with a customer's soup. The patron notices that the waitress has her thumb stuck in his bowl.

He is angry, and demands to know why her thumb is in his soup, and she replies "My Dr. Says that I have BlackBerry thumb, and that I should keep it as warm as possible." The man shouts "Then go stick it up your ***!" She smiles and replies "I only do that when I don't have the soup!"

03-02-09 10:10 AM
    I had this same thing when I first got my Moto Q (hate that phone). After a while, it tends to go away. It's like typing on a regular keyboard for 8+ hours a day when you aren't used to it
    03-02-09 11:27 AM
    I don't remember having blackberry thumb. I just remember a little eye strain. lol! Try some Advil. :P
    03-02-09 11:44 AM
    A waitress comes in with a customer's soup. The patron notices that the waitress has her thumb stuck in his bowl.

He is angry, and demands to know why her thumb is in his soup, and she replies "My Dr. Says that I have BlackBerry thumb, and that I should keep it as warm as possible." The man shouts "Then go stick it up your ***!" She smiles and replies "I only do that when I don't have the soup!"

COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-02-09 12:03 PM
    bb thumb! thats when you know youre a true addict!
    03-02-09 04:34 PM
    I've had my new curve all of one day. So far I am really liking it! My one problem is after a day of use my right thumb hurts a lot. Does anyone else out there have this problem? Is it something that gets better? I guess ill have to suffer through the pain for now.

As I tell my patients, No pain, no gain. They call me a terroist instead of a therapist assistant as I deal in Pain and Torcher. Keep it up, it will get easier
    03-02-09 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD