Hello,
    Anyone heard of Blackberry SIP, I read a few articles online about it, and I'm wondering if there is any sip client available right now (none till now AFAIK)..

Peace.
    09-01-09 07:54 PM
    Let me google that for you.

blackberry sip client - Google Search

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 08:24 PM
    I already searched before posting

This is what I'm talking about: The Juice on Blackberry SIP
    09-01-09 08:32 PM
    Simple answer is no carrier will ever allow SIP. They make $ off minutes and not by giving free voice away. Why is Apple and ATT terrified of Google? There you go.

09-01-09 08:35 PM
    Ok, now google the term VaporWare. This article is that. They're talking about a concept that sounds orgasmickal, but will never happen. If you searched like you said, you would not have posted this thread. Don't mean to sound like the prickly pickle that I am but....

09-01-09 08:43 PM
    RIM had a Berry that was wifi only and had a VoWiFi SIP client for it .... Worked pretty well .... Had it registered to a Nortel MCS 5200 worked like a charm

Here's a tech note from Blackberry site

Doc ID : KB12700
    Last Modified : 12-09-2008
    Document Type : Security Advisory

Vulnerabilities exist in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) implemented on a BlackBerry 7270 smartphone running BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 Service Pack 1 Bundle 83 and earlier. If these vulnerabilities are exploited by a person with malicious intent, a denial of service may occur in the Phone application, but this will not affect the other capabilities of the BlackBerry 7270 smartphone. This does not affect any other BlackBerry device.

Note: Exploiting these vulnerabilities requires access to a private branch exchange (PBX) from within an enterprise network.
    Last edited by davehorvath; 09-02-09 at 04:11 PM.
    09-02-09 03:25 PM
    Welcome to Crackerberries, true, I know about this one....but, this little diddy was aimed at corporate users on their own VOIP network, not consumers like you and I.

09-02-09 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD