Hie all,
    I am a new convert from an iphone 3gs, i currently own an unlocked 8900 on at&t. I have had this device for little more than a day, but i have been reading a lot of blackberry 101 lectures which has helped me make up my mind on getting a blackberry and also ditching the iphone. i think i have learned a lot from the lectures but there are still some issues i am a bit concerned about.

1. I tried registering my phone on att.blackberry.com so that i could get the right service books pushed to my phone, but i am unable to register. I have tried sending the host routing tables as well.

2. My second concern is, is there a way to transfer my iphone contacts to blackberry? i am currently a mac user and due to unavailability of desktop manager, i have no clue how to make this transfer, manually writing 250+ contacts will be such a pain..

i would greatly appreciate if you guys can enlighten me with your vast blackberry knowledge..
    09-30-09 12:15 AM
    for the second q. why can't you move all your contacts into ur sim card and from there copy them back again to your phone.

that's what i did.
    09-30-09 05:10 AM
    1. What error are you getting you attempt to register your device... something like it's already registered, or something like that... if you purchased it used or the person you purchased it registered it they would need to release it from their carrier before you can register it... just a guess since you did not give us any information.

2. I don't know the mac... but are there any contact programs that work with your iPhone... some way to export the contacts from your iPhone???

I just looked at Gmail... they support importing vCard from apps like Apple Address Book... can you export to your Apple Address Book??? Then you can import into Gmail and use the GoogleSync app to upload your contacts onto your Blackberry. The GoogleSync app also can sync your Google Calendar events.
    09-30-09 06:08 AM
    Yes, just use google sync from your iphoney and then install google sync app to your BB and your contact should be there all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 06:25 AM
    Yea I suggest the Googlesync way...

Here's a list of free OTA apps you can download and install from your BB browser..

http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html
    09-30-09 06:35 AM
    Yea I suggest the Googlesync way...

Here's a list of free OTA apps you can download and install from your BB browser..

http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html
    09-30-09 06:36 AM
    i agree 100% Goggle Sync is awesome! (if you have gmail!)
    if not check out my.Funambol.com

on your blackberry, what does your network read? "edge" or "EDGE"
    09-30-09 07:52 AM
    Kudos for switching from an iPhone!
    For queation two, I'm pretty sure BBdestop is coming to the Mac? I saw a screenshot somewhere.. :/

09-30-09 09:20 AM
    Kudos for switching from an iPhone!
    For queation two, I'm pretty sure BBdestop is coming to the Mac? I saw a screenshot somewhere.. :/

It will be released at 1pm EST on Friday the 2nd.
    09-30-09 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD