Can anyone explain me why they changed the default connector they have on the blackberry 8900 and 9000 ?

Is it a new standard... or they just decided to change it to do like so many companies and for people to buy their own things...

I'm unhappy with RIM doing that... All my devices (not only my BB ... Camera MP3 Player... GPS...) Everything I got is mini USB... Was there any reasons to change that ???
    08-02-09 11:25 PM
    i believe that is going to be the new standard mini usb, nokia uses it and samsung is starting too
    08-02-09 11:27 PM
    Thanks I was "hoping" for that answer... heheh if it is the new standard I might be switch to the new Curve heheh

Is it REALLY REALLY good in difference with old 8310

i believe that is going to be the new standard mini usb, nokia uses it and samsung is starting too
    08-02-09 11:32 PM
    Yes, the mini-USB connector has a very high failure rate. They changed the standard, also, because as devices in many cases are getting thinner, a lower profile plug was needed.

The advantage? As all newer devices transition to the new micro-usb, everyone will be able to charge from the same chargers.

There are adapters available, just look one up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 11:33 PM
    microUSB is the new standard. You can find $2 miniUSB to microUSB adapters on Amazon last time I checked.
    08-02-09 11:37 PM
    It's the new standard in the European Union starting in 2010. Apple, LG, Motorola, Nokia, RIM, Samsung, and Sony Ericcson signed the deal.
    08-03-09 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD