Please, here me out here as this is for my boss' phone. I'm an Android guy so dealing with this is a little foreign to me so excuse my ignorance as after hours of browsing, I was unable to find an answer to my issue. So, here it goes.

We have Blackberry Curve 3Gs as primary work phones. We just upgraded from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2013 and from XP to Win7. That said, when I reinstalled the Desktop Manager, everything syncs as before. I.E. Contacts are updated as is the calender. The difference is the e-mail. E-mail is relayed to the phone by the Blackberry exchange (or whatever it is called) that it has been on for the past year or so. However, if a messange is opened on the phone it used to show opened on the pc in office. When a message was opened on the pc in office, it then deleted the message from the phone. Now all we have is email being sent to both places and it is taking up tons of space on the phone... I figured that since all I did was upgrade the OS and the Office suite, we'd have no conflicts... but I obviously was wrong.

Did I miss something in set up? Is there a patch, other program, or app?

Or am I facing the conflict for synchronization support was noted back in February? I would assume (but we all know what that does) that by now, this would not have been an issue.

Please, any input to help resolve the way the email is now sync'd with the phone is greatly appreciated.

Will W.
    10-30-13 06:03 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Will! Let me check with my outlook 2013 and get back to you.

Edit: are you on bes? Are the curves configured to access exchange via owa?
    Last edited by zocster; 11-01-13 at 01:31 AM.
    11-01-13 01:06 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Will! Let me check with my outlook 2013 and get back to you.

Edit: are you on bes? Are the curves configured to access exchange via owa?
    Thanks! I've browsed this site many a times, just never had a need to join a BB based community until now. I've always appreciated their phones and OS, just wanted them to catch up to technology in terms of type of phone before I looked further into any for more than just work. I appreciate your response.

The phone is on the Blackberry Enterprise Server, through Verizon I believe. At least I had to set up an account with them for e-mail. However, the Outlook Web Access I believe is a no. We are not using Microsoft Exchange, never have actually... but I hear its got its perks and maybe this is one?

Again, excuse my ignorance with the BB phone.... thanks again for your help!
    11-01-13 03:43 PM
    Not a worry! Sounds like you're on bis through Verizon?
    11-01-13 03:56 PM
    Not a worry! Sounds like you're on bis through Verizon?
    Yessir, that would be correct. The thing worked like an absolute charm until this OS and Office Suite upgrade... seams that in this instances, the newer more friendly package is not being so friendly to me. I played with a few settings on the computer last week, still to no avail. I'm not sure, but I'm tempted to simply use the dated original software disks, start from square one again, and just see if there is anything which could have been done different to help this out. Or, if like the thread by BB back in February stated, we are just screwed... :-/
    11-03-13 06:59 PM