Hi,

Is there a way round installing BB Maps if I'm on Orange UK?

For some reason my BBM app. that came pre-installed on my new 8900 didn't intialise correctly, so I uninstalled it - and when I try to re-install it via the BB website, it says I'm not allowed to. I've subsequently read that this is probably because I'm on Orange who don't allow BB Maps so to encourage you to use Orange Mpas (why is it installed on the BB then?!). Is this correct?

I have Google Maps, but would like to use BB Maps. Any advice on what I can do appreciated.

Alan.
    08-07-09 04:25 AM
    I'm on orange uk and BB maps works fine on mine. Did bbm work at all when you got the phone?if not I'd check with orange that your servives are all enabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 05:58 AM
    I'm on orange uk and BB maps works fine on mine. Did bbm work at all when you got the phone?if not I'd check with orange that your servives are all enabled.

Hi,

Cheers - I will call them to see what they say.

BB Maps did work for a few days, but then seemed to crash or not find locations, which is when I decided (naively!) to unistall and reinstall via the BB website link.
    08-07-09 06:03 AM
    BB maps should work! Mine has been working since the day I got it. Have you got the BIS service on your contract or the unlimited push email/internet?

Best thing would be call customer services and ask them what is going on!

08-07-09 06:59 AM
    back last August / Sept when the BOLD came out Orange started playing with the Service books that were going out from Blackberry.orange.co.uk and blocked the down load of BBM to force you to use Webraska (which at that point was orange's Sat nav tool that they would gladly sell you)

there was that much trouble with it orange back tracked and lifted that restriction withing about 2 or 3 weeks! since then orange havnt put any restriction on! my dad had a similar problem with BBMessenger. the way i got around this was by down grading the firmware then when i upgraded to the latest version you can scroll through the software and tick or untick some options like language and things like that in this case the BBMessenger was unticked - as soon as i ticked it and installed it, everything worked fine! try that before going through to 156 at Orange

Rick
    08-07-09 07:04 AM
    yep upgrading firmware will allow the reinstall of the bbmaps, working fine for me on orange uk
    08-07-09 07:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD