03-03-09 10:47 AM
79 1234
tools
    I like the nice screen of the Bold, but I am not a fan of the battery life on 3G phones. I don't surf the web all that much, so the 8900 over EDGE is perfect for me. Besides, I can always use wi-fi if I need it to be faster.
    03-01-09 09:26 PM
    i compared the bold with my curve today.. i think ill just stay with my curve... the bold in my opinion is that its too big and thickk..
    03-02-09 03:15 AM
    i compared the bold with my curve today.. i think ill just stay with my curve... the bold in my opinion is that its too big and thickk..
    Indeed. Might as well get a bag phone...
    03-02-09 03:22 AM
    I love the size and weight of the 8900 because I feel like it's a more feminine berry (sorry to all those big masculine 8900 users out there! ) but I love everything about it from the wifi to the screen and everything in between! I would NEVER switch to the bold...
    03-02-09 04:35 AM
    I love the size and weight of the 8900 because I feel like it's a more feminine berry (sorry to all those big masculine 8900 users out there! ) but I love everything about it from the wifi to the screen and everything in between! I would NEVER switch to the bold...
    Well, I've never been insecure about my sexuality. So, that aside. Why would anyone want a 'larger' device, unless they are blind or have cattaracs haha.

Back when I first started using cell phones, they were known as 'car phones'. For obvious reasons. Later on (mid to late 80's) they were still known as car phones. In the 90's, they were known as 'bag phones' because the technology was making them smaller yet people insisted on using the larger ones.

Try putting a cordless phone, from 1994, on your belt... I digress.
    03-02-09 04:55 AM
    I love the 8900, haven't had a Bold and I don't think I will. Tested the keyboard and didn't like it.
    03-02-09 04:48 PM
    when I first saw the Bold online, I almost made out with my monitor.

I started lurking here at CB, following the updates of pending release.. but when I finally had one in my hands, I knew it wasn't for me. I had heard of the 8900, held out for the 8900, and I do not regret it!

I have T-Mo, and I'm also not interested in switching carriers. EDGE, 3G, 4G, whatever.. makes no difference to me. most of what I do is over WiFi anyway..
    03-02-09 07:37 PM
    Ok so more on the personal preference thing. I have used the at&t bold for 7 months now (I was a field tester) and for the last few weeks used the Javelin. I gave the javelin to my admin the other day who had a curve and she loves it, chances are I couldn't get it back if I wanted, but anyway I went back to my bold. I am a little more dependent on simultaneous voice and data than I thought....
    03-02-09 11:12 PM
    definitely not.. with all the comforts and style.. no need 3G, coz wifi & edge are more than enough for me.. plus its browser speed is quite impressive.. and we have much larger memory
    03-02-09 11:13 PM
    I went from an 8900 to a bold because I needed the 3g and the bold has better speakers and a larger keyboard. Hey, at least I'm still in the berry community and not iPhone right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 11:36 PM
    I went from the Bold to the Jav and went back to the Bold. The Jav just was not for me and returned it.
    03-02-09 11:40 PM
    I am considering breaking this POS and going back to my 1000dollar nokia E90. 8900=biggest piece ever to hit the market. the end.
    03-03-09 12:25 AM
    I am considering breaking this POS and going back to my 1000dollar nokia E90. 8900=biggest piece ever to hit the market. the end.
    What went wrong?
    03-03-09 12:26 AM
    Well, the battery door is extremely loose, the phone keeps shutting off when it plays a video for example on youtube and it wont turn back on unless I take out the battery and then reboot the sucker. As far as the battery life goes, it drains pretty quickly without running any third party apps or browsing the web usually. I just think RIM should have at least put a little more effort in the craftsmanship of this phone. I like blackberrys, have a8320, 8800, and 8820 all custom black, and I like all of them, the build quality was something I never had an issue with, but this 8900 is a real disappointment in my opinion. I am also a S60 freak. I own the N80, N95 and the E90. Never had issues with them.
    03-03-09 12:30 AM
    I returned it today, and hopefully going to get a replacement, however, I think its embarrassing to own a blackberry and have the battery door electrically taped as some on this forum have put it to make it stay in place. Thats ridiculous. Even a RAZR moto. has the battery door in place.
    03-03-09 12:32 AM
    I read on here that someone had 4 replacements before the door was "somewhat" sturdy feeling. Its beyond me why RIM would release something like this with issues.
    03-03-09 12:33 AM
    Pretty sure you have a lemon, I would get a replacement if I were you.
    03-03-09 12:33 AM
    Maybe if you lucked you you can have both ^_^, i managed to get rogers to send me a 8900 and Bold for $285 together!!
    03-03-09 12:35 AM
    I am, I went to the store about an hour ago and returned it, they said I did something to the battery door, and I was running a third party app hence the reason the phone was consistently shutting off out of the blue. I got really fired up and talked to the district manager of the store, wiped out the handheld in front of him, took out my micro SD, and browsed a video on youtube and it did it again, they finally agreed to replace it, however, they had no replacements as everyone is on backorder for this phone so I am currently back to my Nokia E90 until March 14th. Thats when they said they will receive more phones in their inventory and I am on the list for one. Hopefully the next one wont do this to me. Thanks for the input.
    03-03-09 12:39 AM
    Hahaha thats awesome, nice going lol however I dont think Ill be that lucky..
    03-03-09 12:40 AM
    i returned my 8900 5 times LOL
    03-03-09 12:56 AM
    Did you upgrade the OS on your 8900? i get 4-5 days of batt life with the OS update
    03-03-09 12:57 AM
    Wow. See thats what I am talking about, 5 times. At least now you have a good one in your hands, dont get me wrong I love the phone, I just wish it didnt have the issues that it has, and no, I didnt update it, it was fresh out of the box, I literally had it for about a week or so, however, I could have updated, but since I was considering upon returning it, I didnt want the store to say the famous line--->"oh you did something to it, because you updated the software on it" you see stores dont care about forums, they want their items to not be messed with or they will just hold it against the customer.
    03-03-09 01:07 AM
    I purchased an 8900 and was the first ones on this site to receive it. I have had no issues aside from battery life, but it still lasted a day with the stock OS. Upgraded to 168 and have never been happier. I think the complaints are few and far between!!

Good Luck Hamann!! I hope you like it but one device can not satisfy everyone, so if that is the case, get something you will love
    03-03-09 07:40 AM
    I would keep my 8900, like ClintRo say its more on personal preference. I personally don't like big, heavy device that makes the 8900 perfect for me.

Although I like the leather back case of the Bold, wish they come out with the same battery door for the 8900
    03-03-09 08:58 AM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD