ok i am new to the blackberry family i have a few question to ask please help me understand

1. i have a new blackberry curve from verizon a 8330 just like the one metro pcs has.
    is there a way that i can get the same firewire to make it just like the metro pcs blackberry 8330 curve
    and where can i download it and how?

2. is there a free web broswer app that i can download that works for the 8330.

3. when you get new firmware for the blackberrys i have a 8330 curve can i use all firmware for
    the curves out there ex: like all curves 83xx update to any firmware no mater what kind as long as it is a curve

4. is there a way that i can get 3rd party service app that dose that fast 3g network that i can get
    04-05-09 02:49 AM
    2) Opera Mini or Bolt Browser

3) OS's are specific to each device. The OS for the 8310 will only
    work on the 8310. The OS for the 8330 will only work on the 8330
    04-05-09 02:59 AM
    Hi there and welcome to the BB world, hope you enjoy the ride so far. I am new to this myself, but I sure would like to help. To do that I would need a little more input though: Metro PCS is this the network provider you're referring to? (Sorry for asking, but I am from Europe and fon't know the details of this.) Usually phones are pre-branded by the network you bought it from, so I am sure there are some people out there that can help you to make your phone look like this, maybe there is even a theme you can use. If I catch your drift you're asking for an app that gets you on 3G networks? If this assumption is correct, this is unfortunately not the way it works: if you got 3G coverage you will be using the faster network. If you don't (at least over here mostly in rural areas) the phone will fall back to a slower connection like GPRS or EDGE. Ther is no way you can get 3G with an app if you don't have the coverage.The only thing you could do is change your location, as weird as it sounds, but like normal coverage 20 meters can make a difference already. Sorry for not having better news.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 04:32 AM
    Metro PCS is a CMDA carrier. It doesn't have GPRS or EDGE. It has EVDO. There's nothing you can do to "speed up" the device. It is dependent on the network. If you are in an EVDO coverage area, you will get faster data speeds. My recollection is that Metro doesn't have a very large EVDO footprint, so don't expect a lot.

Use the update threads stickied at the the top of the forum section to update your phone OS to the latest released version. But there's no way to make a Verizon branded device "just like" a device branded from another carrier. But it doesn't really matter, though.
    04-05-09 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD