Hello All,

My Trackball in my blackberry curve fell out. Does anyone know where I can get this replaced or fixed? AT&T said they can't help me. These phones are not covered under warranty so basically I am SOL. If anyone has any information please help me out. Thanks.
    11-28-07 10:49 AM
    Ummm call back get another rep, I assure you that your device is covered by warranty..you have 1 year, BB devices are NOT covered by insurance on AT&T, but they are INDEED covered by warranty...call 1-800-801-1101, thats direct to warranty number, no lame n00b cust care rep to talk too.
    11-28-07 11:06 AM
    My trackball in my 8320 seems to be "Sinking down" it's a lot lower than it was a month ago! My girlfriends trackball (8100 pearl) is a Helluva lot better than my trackball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-07 12:33 PM
    yeah thats weird... i "think" my trackball sunk a little bit as well on my 8300. Maybe im just imagining things.
    11-28-07 09:56 PM
    It is true. The trackball does sink alittle with use.
    11-29-07 12:40 PM
    Yeah, I just switched from the 8830 to the Curve today and the trackball is significantly more different than that of the 8830. It feels grainier and cheaper. God, I pray my trackball doesn't fall out. I'd be more than pissed.
    12-02-07 02:13 AM
    I got my bb 8320 and the second day I had it my wife managed to crack my screen, so I call my T-mob rep and get a new one on its was. (Fairly long wait w/ a cracked screen) 2 weeks later I got my new one, and my t-ball feels totaly diffrent. It doesent have a click feeling when I push down. I kind of feels like a dull thud. I have only had 2 so far but I must say I am a little concerned. This is my first bb though so I don't know how they felt in the past.

12-02-07 03:09 AM
    At least you guys have a working trackball. Mine stopped moving around and I took it to the fone company and it wasn't replaced. They gave me a 8700 on loan and took in my curve to see if it can be repaired.
    I hate my fone company.

12-02-07 06:25 AM
    How about

Good Luck!
    Last edited by VIDGMER; 12-02-07 at 10:48 AM.
    12-02-07 10:43 AM
    I thought it was just me. On the second day I was using mine, the trackball "gave in" a little more than normal... since then, operation has worked fine, it just has a different feel.

I did pull the trackball out and look at it right away, and it seems as though there is a metal tab that provides resistance through the trackball and back to your thumb. It could be that this is getting bent out of shape and causing it to "sink in" as some have reported.

I'm going to order a new ball as per the previous post and replace it myself to see if it makes any difference. I figure I will at least have a back up track ball in case this one ever goes out.
    12-02-07 11:31 PM
    you know... definetely do not try this based on this post

but just so you are aware, i know this guy who sharpied his trackball red and let it dry
    it actually looks professional
    12-03-07 12:27 AM
    Any idea if the backlight shines through the red trackball? Or is it too opaque?
    12-03-07 01:22 AM
    My 8300 trackball is kinda mushy now, too. I picked up my wife's 8300 the other day and was shocked at how crisp her trackball clicked when I pressed it!
    12-03-07 09:31 AM
    I exchanged my curve today for a new phone and the trackball does feel different to me on the new phone that I have... but I don't know if I am being paranoid or not.
    01-11-08 09:37 PM
    My track ball dont really click either i have used other peoples curves and they seem to be having the same mushy problem. I think it is a curve thing. Cuz my sis has had her 8100 for about a year and her trackball still feels very responsive
    01-12-08 01:23 AM
    Hello All,

My Trackball in my blackberry curve fell out. Does anyone know where I can get this replaced or fixed? AT&T said they can't help me. These phones are not covered under warranty so basically I am SOL. If anyone has any information please help me out. Thanks.
    Try Cellular Nationwide Network. They have OEM replacement parts.
    01-12-08 03:37 AM
    I haven't had mine for long but my trackball is fine other then how dirty its getting

01-12-08 05:36 AM
    I did exchange mine today, i compared my old one to the one i got today at the store and they did feel different even the represenative at the store said the trackball felt different on the old and new phone... Now I got the phone home and I still think the trackball is still too low maybe it's just be and since I'm a first time blackberry user I may just have to get used to it.. because shoot I can't keep returning the phone.
    01-12-08 06:34 PM
    yea i just got my third curve in the span of three weeks. the first dropped signal all the time and the second had major trackball issues. this one already feels mushy too. i wish i had just stuck with the first one and got over the coverage dropping. stupid at&t and their "refurbished" phones
    01-14-08 06:59 PM
    purchase a new trackball its about 14 bucks and replace it. It will be better, I replaced mine so its great.
    01-15-08 08:58 PM
    the crisp grainy feel works well for me.. my buddy has a curve and it feels mushy and sunken in...
    cause: you guys are angrily pushing on the trackball... press it lightly and it'll be nice to you.
    01-16-08 02:16 AM
    yes same thing happend to my cousin all you have to do is buy a track ball and the sliver thing that goes around it from ebay, amazon etc. and take it to a cingular store to fix it. F.Y.I the trackball and other parts are only like $11 dollars...
    01-23-08 06:14 PM
    My trackball just pop out. since there are 8 little prongs. well 4 pairs for prongs. i have only 1 full pair and 2 singles. It only holds it at one side.

everything fully works. I was wondering has anyone had any luck getting tmobile to send a replacement blackberry? I also have a couple of buttons that have faded. like the 5 where the dot is and my green and red button has faded on the edges.

Not sure if i should just buy a new ball and ring for $20 or try to get tmobile to replace it.
    01-25-08 11:52 AM
    When you resolve what should be a BB product warranty, you may want to get insurance at Wireless Safeguard Insurance for BlackBerry, Palm Treo, and other AT&T Cingular Devices. Atlantic Technology Group is the insurance provider.
    01-25-08 12:51 PM
    The link is in the email above.
    01-25-08 12:52 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD