So I got the Curve 8310 with GPS only TWO months ago, and I babied it for those two months, when I'm usually rough on my gadgets, with no problems. After 10 years of owning cellphones on every carrier except Verizon, this is the very first time that this has happened.

I'm getting my replacement tomorrow under the warranty, and the rep who waived the overnight fee for me also said that they (the warranty dept.) rarely gets calls about Blackberry's that have gone bad. Sony Ericsson and Blackjack's are the top "bad phones", she said.

I LOVE my Blackberry, and I've come to rely on it so much that using my backup phone, the AT&T Tilt, is still a pain in the ****, even though it's a nice phone, and has 3G.

In addition, a friend of mine said he was on his THIRD Curve, and I just couldn't relate, as I had never experienced a phone busting on me out of nowhere like this. It was NOT a matter of liquid damage, or it dropping it constantly, etc., and most especially this one, as I said, because it is the ONE phone I made sure to keep in like-new condition for a reason. That being that I am going to give it to my GF, who doesn't care about 3G. She needs a BB, however, as she is almost a lawyer (taking the bar on Monday).

I've been waiting for the Blackberry BOLD (9000 series), which will replace my Curve as my main device.

So...my question is...does this happen a lot with Blackberry's?? Arghh...

I really missed 3G...lol. Another reason why I hope to see this baby in the VERY near future!

Being that the BB's used to be business-only devices, and that they have only recently become mainstream PDA's, the build quality has to be of a higher standard than this, I would think (and hope).

So again, have you guys experienced any problems with your BB's?? Doesn't matter which?

Also, if anybody has an ETA on the Bold, please do share.
    07-24-08 09:23 PM
    i am on my second curve, but mostly through no fault but my own - when taking out the silver ring that surrounds the trackball so i could clean said trackball, i broke one of the little plastic "arms" that helps the ring lock in place. everything else has gone so well, though! :-) what do you mean by "crapped out" exactly...?
    07-24-08 10:48 PM
    So then, after reading all that, you never did say what exactly has happened to your devices that you have replaced...
    07-24-08 10:59 PM
    I’m getting ready to send my Curve back, the first had a track ball problem and #2’s reception is getting worse and worse.

This is starting to annoy the heck out of me, but maybe #3 is the one. If not I’m switching brands.
    Last edited by CTDTDI; 07-25-08 at 02:14 AM.
    07-25-08 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD