As of today, I have a weird little envelope superimposed over my email icon on my home screen. I keep checking email in case I've missed something but there are no new messages, or, if there are, after deletion this new icon is still there. I have done a restart and a battery pull, and this little annoyance is still with me.

Please help?

Thank you,

Donna
    06-27-10 12:38 AM
    in some application that has a direct mail capability. had the same thing happen to me yesterday when i signed up for twitter. there was something that was sent to my twitter mailbox. i had no indication what it was otherwise and the icon would not go away. finally did a battery pull and the icon disappeared.
    06-27-10 02:25 PM
    I did a battery pull and it is still there. this is so annoying. the only recent sign up is BB messenger...I deleted that program yesterday in hopes that this was the cause, because from what I could tell there is no way to pick up messages there, but this didnt get rid of the icon either. Any other suggestions?
    06-27-10 06:42 PM
    according to the crackberry blog, the icon is the "new" hotmail indicator. i'm not convinced but...! stay tuned.
    06-28-10 08:42 PM
    I am not convinced either, because the indicator does not go away even after I have cleared my email out on my BB. Any other ideas? Anyone...?? Anyone...??

Oh, PS: I did another battery pull just to see if it would help...no dice.
    06-30-10 11:34 AM
    Did you check for missed phone calls?
    06-30-10 01:48 PM
    Just checked the rumors page. It seems this IS a new Icon for Hotmail/Msn. So looks like the weird little
    Icon is here to stay. Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

DonnaTypes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD