ok so my girlfriend has a curve 8530. she was using it for her school email for quite a few months, with no hitch. she recently received an email from her school saying that they have switched servers to gmail, and that there would not be any problems. ever since they switched, she has not been receiving emails from her phone, nor can she send them. i tried to set up a new account, clicking on the gmail server and then typing in her address [email protected], and this did not work. i tried to click on other, and enter her email address and password, and this did not work either. do i have to change pop imap settings? if so how? thanks i tried finding relevent threads to no avail, so sorry if this has been asked before. thanks!
    05-25-10 08:20 PM
    You can try deleting the old email account and then adding them again.
    Good luck.
    05-26-10 04:55 AM
    Best bet is to ask an IT person at the college. They can set the server up a number of ways, so the quick and easy way would be to have them help you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 06:42 AM
    I work IT at a school that recently made the switch from private email system to a gmail based system. The only phone we ever had issues with for the switch was wit BB. Unfortunately I cannot offer you much help as to why it does not work. Its something to do with being a gmail account that does not end in @gmail.com. One of the best fixes we found was to create an actual gmail account and have the school email forwarded to that account. Than have your BB attached to that account.
    Anyways, best of luck
    05-26-10 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD