I got my 8520, its about 1 week old and also its my first BB And Im having serious issues with it, after reading on forum about batteries issues I did everything they told me to, and still were the same this is what I did:

My OS is 4.6.1.305,I have checked that no background applications were running, my backlight is 10, Time is 30secs, backlight thing turned off, Bluetooth/wifi off.

Starting from there I unplugged my bb from charger (100%) at around 3:20PM, and after browsing like 10 mins, using msn messenger vaguely, incluiding also 10 mins or more of BBM, at around 8:00PM I was in 35% of battery thats less than 5 hours! My Bro/Sis BB(8310) can last for around 2 days after massive using.. and mine doesnt hit a day..

I've also been reading that updating my OS to .411 is a good option, I Just really dont know what to do to fix this issue with my battery im a BB noob! Can anyone tell me what I should do... =/?

Thanks In Advance.
    01-08-10 09:44 PM
    Try the OS upgrade. If it's still the same I'd just take the phone back and tell them you can't even go through part of a day on a charge.

I have a 8530 and I can easily go multiple days, and the 8530 is CDMA with 3g, which will definitely have less battery life than the 8520.
    01-08-10 09:45 PM
    Do you have BlackBerry service? If not, that can drastically reduce battery life due to the phone trying to get a BIS/BES connection constantly.
    01-08-10 09:46 PM
    Also just having poor network signal in general taxes the radio really hard every time you use data.

Updating the OS can possibly improve that.
    01-08-10 09:48 PM
    Yeah I have a Data Plan, I think its 3G I dunno..Im downloading right now the new OS to install it following some guides here in CrackBerry. If this doesn't fix it, I Have a 1 year warranty in Pieces/Services I should send it back.

btw, are there any other ways to reduce battery than the ones I mentioned.
    01-08-10 09:51 PM
    Based on what you're running, you shouldn't need to do much.

Just make sure you don't have anything battery heavy running in the background (hold down the menu button and look at the list). If you had something like a game or gps navigation running constantly, the battery will go down much faster.
    01-08-10 09:52 PM
    Only this were showing up:

-Phone
    -WebBrowser
    -MainScreen
    -BBM
    -SMS
    -MSN(When I used it)

Thats it.. =/ I can't seem to close other things trough BB button.
    01-08-10 09:55 PM
    Yeah they always display. Running apps list looks fine, give the OS upgrade a try.
    01-08-10 09:57 PM
    Alright, Ill give results after Im done.
    01-08-10 09:59 PM
    Based on my 8520 I would say something certainly isn't right. Since day one (my 8520 is about 5 weeks old now), I have gotten between 2-3 days between charges. Granted it isn't 3G, but I can't believe 3G it drains the battery that quickly. If the OS upgrade doesn't resolve the issue I would get it swapped out for sure.
    01-08-10 10:18 PM
    I got my 8520, its about 1 week old and also its my first BB And Im having serious issues with it, after reading on forum about batteries issues I did everything they told me to, and still were the same this is what I did:

My OS is 4.6.1.305,I have checked that no background applications were running, my backlight is 10, Time is 30secs, backlight thing turned off, Bluetooth/wifi off.

Starting from there I unplugged my bb from charger (100%) at around 3:20PM, and after browsing like 10 mins, using msn messenger vaguely, incluiding also 10 mins or more of BBM, at around 8:00PM I was in 35% of battery thats less than 5 hours! My Bro/Sis BB(8310) can last for around 2 days after massive using.. and mine doesnt hit a day..

I've also been reading that updating my OS to .411 is a good option, I Just really dont know what to do to fix this issue with my battery im a BB noob! Can anyone tell me what I should do... =/?

Thanks In Advance.

You do know that smartphones such as blackberry, when new, have to get used to the way you use the battery life. When I first got my 8520, I was so upset with battery life. I read around this blog and saw that other people said they had the same problem but after about 2 weeks the battery started to last about 2 days with heavy usage, so just give it some time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 10:18 PM
    Oh, thanks for the tip Ill be upgrading OS and keep it for more time, just to check if it gets fixed. btw Im having some issues with this..

On FB Notifications I managed to fix them, but sometimes they don't show up or they have a delay of 15 mins probably less after they are on my email inbox..
    01-08-10 10:30 PM
    Well I'm back, and I've updated my OS to .411 I have to say that I absolutely love this one, I've noted a bit of difference in battery duration but still drains fast, with only using bbm.. If battery has to get used as the guy upthere mentioned, I guess ill keep trying a bit more before making a reclamation to my operator.

01-09-10 11:07 AM
    I've been having trouble with my 8520's wifi. I can barely use it. I haven't activated my BIS so I can only use wifi. Right now it's grey but the two squares are green and I can surf for a while. Then it says edge and gives me an error that there isn't enough coverage and goes back to internet browser settings instead of hotspot browser. Any help?

01-09-10 02:15 PM
    At home it doesn't connect, but at my gf's house, it does but is greyed out.

01-09-10 02:16 PM
    Still can't figure it out guys. My wifi logo still stays grey. I'm connected right now but I have to click links multiple times for them to activate. Otherwise my connection fails. Please any help on how to fix my wifi?

01-10-10 10:48 AM
    OK BACK TO MY POST SINCE SOMEONE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO CREATE A THREAD *jrf*

I have been seeing some kind of improvement, but does my battery has to go to 90% in like 1 hour or a little bit more using msn (probably massivel, just talking to 1 person) and brickbreaker?

01-10-10 11:33 AM
    OK BACK TO MY POST SINCE SOMEONE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO CREATE A THREAD *jrf*

I have been seeing some kind of improvement, but does my battery has to go to 90% in like 1 hour or a little bit more using msn (probably massivel, just talking to 1 person) and brickbreaker?

What does that mean? I have asked in quite a few threads about wifi troubles, no sense in making another one on the same topic. I just can't figure out what's wrong, maybe it's a common issue.
    01-10-10 04:34 PM
    Got help elsewhere.
    01-10-10 04:38 PM
    My issues have been phone changed, new battery, now new charger on the way, had to get reset taking pics 1st it didn't take, 2nd one it shut off, I'm almost willing to go back to phone card and pager, my first bb was the nightmare 8220, looks like my 8520 in comming close to a nightmare,
    06-30-10 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD