I'm having trouble with my camera. it is always blurry and dim and although there was some dust on the lense, which i cleaned off, it remains partially blurry and dim. My brother and I have the same phone and the same settings on the camera (Automatic light balance, large picture size, superfine, normal color effect), but his shows up much brighter and clearer. I just turned his camera and mine on and pointed both at the same object and it was almost like night and day. the only difference I have noticed is that when you turn on your camera, to the left of the screen is a number. Mine reads 1000+ and his reads 008. What do these numbers mean? Is this what is causing the difference, and can that be changed? THANKS!

btw. does anyone know how to turn on caps lock or number lock?
    06-07-10 10:36 PM
    That is odd for your camera to be acting that way. I believe those numbers you mentioned are the number of pictures left that you can take. Meaning you/he have enough storage for X number of pictures. Ask your brother how many pictures he has taken.

To me it sounds like your camera is faulty. I would try tomorrow and shooting a picture outside with both phones pointed at the same object. As in any camera the more light - the better the picture. If your picture is coming out grainy that sounds like there isn't enough light. If after you take a picture and compare tomorrow, you still feel like your camera is messed up, call your carrier's Customer Service and ask them if they will replace the phone.

Also, just for kicks, try a battery pull on your phone tonight and take a picture and see if that helps. Keep in mind that the camera's on these things are not all that great.
    06-07-10 10:44 PM
    Try this, open 'Camera' then hit the menu key. Go to 'Options' and set the 'Picture Size' to 'Large (1600 X 1200).' Also, set the 'Picture Quality' to 'Superfine.'
    06-08-10 05:43 AM
    For cap/number lock you have to hold down the alt key and press the letter/number you want .FYI Same for a period and also if you press down on the letter you want for a second longer than usual it will also turn to capital ... Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 06:51 AM
    @mangcool - it all ready is....read the OP.

06-08-10 11:30 AM
    @mangcool - it all ready is....read the OP.

Oops, my bad. Didn't read it carefully.
    06-08-10 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD