HI,
    someone is going to give me there blackberry curve 8330.. Do you think it is to outdated or is it a good blackberry for a new blackberry user... I am having mixed emotions.. advice please!!! i am not due to upgrade for like a year, and I can not buy a new blackberry right out..they are a fortune... leave feedback please
    06-04-10 02:31 PM
    i was in the same boat. my brother in law gave me his curve, and I'm using it until my upgrade...its decent but definetly old....
    06-04-10 03:08 PM
    It is an old phone but still fun. I was using a storm and switch back to my curve just to play with it. I also changed the housing of the phone, so now it is all white.
    06-04-10 03:14 PM
    How do you change the housing of the phone?
    06-04-10 03:45 PM
    There are so many vids on youtube you can check out, type in: Housing Blackberry Curve 8300 and you can buy housing from various sites like cnn.cn or gsm4world
    06-04-10 04:14 PM
    And I love the curve it's still my favourite to be honest!
    06-04-10 04:17 PM
    So the housing makes it look newer I am assuming????? can you update the software in the 8330.. Is it a really basic blackberry? is it user friendly?
    LOL SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS.
    06-04-10 04:20 PM
    u can get new cases or housing.which makes it just look nicer. but if you want to have updated software then u will have to upgrade. i have a curve 8330 i have to wait for upgrade in oct.
    06-04-10 04:35 PM
    I'm still using my 8330 until I can upgrade. It's a great phone. You can change your themes and wallpaper to make it more fun as well as changing the housing. There's a thread on here where people have posted pics of ones that they have changed the housing on their Curves. I would never do it since it would void my insurance warranty with Sprint but it does look cool.
    06-04-10 05:12 PM
    How outdated is it? Will I be missing out on a lot of features????? and how old does it look compared to the others.. Im new to the blackberry world!
    06-04-10 06:02 PM
    LOTS of people still use them. No one will raise an eyebrow. You can get a case or a skin to hide any wear.
    06-04-10 06:19 PM
    Yes the phone is outdated. Yes your missing out on some new features.
    BUT
    Lots a people still have them (like tons, even me) lots of people make apps and themes for them and the phone works great!

So who cares, your friend is giving you a blackberry.. I wouldn't say no its a free blackberry! Take it, love it, upgrade when you can. Until then use the 8330 its still an awesome device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD