Hi everyone,

I just got the Curve, and I'm a little dissapointed. For one thing, the battery doesn't last as long as I've heard. For example, I charged it last night, and it's literally dead right now. I've used it basically for email, text message, some facebook browsing and a couple of phone calls. Is that a normal battery life for these phones?

Another question I have is - should the phone be turned off while charging? or is it ok to charge the phone while it's turned on??

Thanks in advance!!
    07-30-09 10:57 PM
    Are you closing the apps you use or just hitting the red button? You have to hit the menu button and hit exit in some/most apps. Otherwise the run in the background..Battery charging with device on is fine..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 11:03 PM
    Hi everyone,

I just got the Curve, and I'm a little dissapointed. For one thing, the battery doesn't last as long as I've heard. For example, I charged it last night, and it's literally dead right now. I've used it basically for email, text message, some facebook browsing and a couple of phone calls. Is that a normal battery life for these phones?

Another question I have is - should the phone be turned off while charging? or is it ok to charge the phone while it's turned on??

Thanks in advance!!
    Use standby and that will save on battery life quite a bit. Also make sure you are completely closing out of all your apps and are not running anything you dont need in the background. If you have apps that auto-update, that will drain battery faster as well.

Also I would recommend you reading the BB 101 Lecture Series (link in my sig) if you havent already. Lots of good information there.
    07-30-09 11:08 PM
    How do I know if i've turned the apps off??? Or if they're running in the background? (sorry, I'm really new at this...)
    I also dont know if I have apps that auto-update

thanks for the link
    07-30-09 11:11 PM
    How do I know if i've turned the apps off??? Or if they're running in the background? (sorry, I'm really new at this...)
    I also dont know if I have apps that auto-update

thanks for the link
    To fully close out of apps use the back button (curved arrow) or menu>close/exit

You can hold alt+back button to see running apps and there are always 5 that are running: home, browser, bbm, phone, messages

Apps that auto update are mainly weather apps, news or rss readers like viigo, twitter apps, rtc
    07-30-09 11:19 PM
    I usually use the back button to close out of something, so then that would mean then that I've properly closed out of the application right? In which case then, I have a bad battery??
    07-30-09 11:34 PM
    I usually use the back button to close out of something, so then that would mean then that I've properly closed out of the application right? In which case then, I have a bad battery??

Back button does NOT close out all apps, only some. This thread should probably be closed so we can figure this out in the other one in the 83xx forum.
    07-30-09 11:47 PM
    I've also noticed when I first got my Curve that my battery didn't last as long as it does now.. maybe its because I know more about it but it seems to get better...
    07-30-09 11:53 PM
    When my curve sits, it is on stand by, i usually get two to three days of battery life, i try not to let it just die, but what can you do sometimes. close apps your not using to see whats open hold down alt and press the back button you can close from there.
    07-31-09 08:54 AM
    my curve lasts me about a day for the battery life...but that is because i am constantly fiddilng with it =) i plug it in at night and i'm good to go for the next day
    07-31-09 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD