Hi , i just unlocked my BB curve 8320 from T-mobile.How can i wipe the OS T-mobile installed, and download and install the original OS from Blackberry like how i would buy the phone from Blackberry.Thank you!!
    09-17-08 03:46 PM
    You wouldn't. There is no way to remove carrier branding from the device. Changing the OS will not do that.
    09-17-08 03:51 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I have the same model and it shipped with v4.2.2.180 device software, yours should too. That is the Offical OS that you would download from BlackBerry.

You should know, nothing will unbrand the phone. It will always have the T-Mobile startup screen and be internaly coded for T-Mobile approved software.

If you want to use the more advanced OS, currently 4.5.0.55, use the link in this post.

Fortunatly, there is a simple workaround to use other carrier software. It is just a matter of removing one installed file.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-0-55-a-67504/
    09-17-08 03:51 PM
    yes but i see that OS 4.5 its for East Asia and i am in US...anyway if i try the OS4.5 and if i want to go back to my previous and original OS can i do that ?
    09-17-08 03:56 PM
    09-17-08 04:01 PM
    It doesn't matter which carrier OS you use, they all contain English in the language choices.

I would suggest doing the upgrade in two stages. First, download and install the T-Mobile OS. Second, download and install the updated OS.

You will be prompted to upgrade when you connect to BlackBerry Desktop Managers Application Loader.

If, for any reason, you choose to roll back, all you need to do is use Windows Control Panel / Programs to uninstall the later version.

You will be prompted to downgrade when you connect again.

09-17-08 04:01 PM
    you can alwasy downgrade back to 4.2
    09-17-08 04:03 PM
    right... 4.5 is awesome though!!!
    09-17-08 04:07 PM
    right... 4.5 is awesome though!!!
    oh most def, i had to go back to 4.2 for a while and i thought i was gonna DIE, but i did like the ringtone volume!
    09-17-08 04:17 PM
    i just upgrade to OS 4.5 and after the install everything went fine my blackberry rebooted and for 10 minutes keeps loading and nothing happening.White screen with loading icon
    09-17-08 05:49 PM
    just wait, it has a TON of info to process, don't unplug it or push any buttons, it will come back, just give it some time...
    09-17-08 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD