So here is my long story. I got this phone from a friend who used to have AT&T. I had it unlocked and I am a T-Mobile user. Longer story short after some drops and a cracked screen I noticed that the bottom of the battery had some darkish pink x's on it. From some researching I discovered that they generally show up from either moisture damage or from shock/vibration damage. I had also been having some problems where my phone would just randomly shut off whenever it wanted to. I would get a phone call go to answer it and it would completly turn itself off and restart. Same with getting text messages. I figured it was the battery so I ordered a brand new one and it hasnt came in yet but wondering if maybe any one could give me some advice on this. Also I ordered a new housing unit to replace the completly damaged and scratched up one. The backlight that makes the buttons glow (keyboard pads, scroll ball) do not light up as well. Just curious why my phone is being such a PAIN!!. I dont know if the new battery is going to make a difference or not but maybe it will. Then today I thought maybe it was a problem within the motherboard or internal power itself. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE SOME ADVICE, I LOVE THIS PHONE AND WOULD LIKE TO GET IT'S PROBLEMS RESOLVED!!
    09-09-09 06:01 PM
    Lol how many times have you dropped it? How hard were the falls? Maybe something is messed up inside the phone...the 83xx series has been known to be very good
    09-09-09 06:06 PM
    From what I heard the pink x in the battery was normal. I have them and have no issues. Not sure about the shutting off randomly. I would check what OS you are running and make sure its not a hybrid that doesn't work right. Your backlight not working, check options-> screen/keyboard, and see if the settings for backlight are correct.

Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 06:08 PM
    You've abused an electronic device and you call IT a "pain"??
    09-09-09 06:18 PM
    honestly with the loud annoying font im just gonna say TL.DR but dont drop your phone
    09-09-09 06:22 PM
    If the X's are crisp and distinct, not blurry, that means the battery has not been wet. That's the normal indication. Blurry or smeared X's indicate moisture intrusion, and invalidate your warranty. BlackBerrys don't have shock indicators.

09-09-09 06:27 PM
    This post did nothing to alleviate my sinus headache.
    09-10-09 01:16 AM
    The new battery should solve your problem with the rebooting and shutdowns.

09-10-09 02:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD