I have a really good feeling this isn't my Phone's fault. I recently bought a Micro SD card manufactured by Sandisk, the 8gb version. I popped a 4gig version from this company into my phone, worked no problem. I bought that from the store here where I live, though. Anyway, this card came in the mail today, and I popped this badboy into my phone. It said it needed to be formatted. I went to Options>Media Card> Format Card. My phone froze and I had to pop the battery out to start my phone up again. So I plug my phone into my computer and it says when I try to format it, all of the fields are blank except the first one, which says 1.3 TB (Terabyte I'm assuming..) which makes no sense to me. I try to format.. "Error while trying to format disk." I have no idea what's wrong. Help!
    03-02-09 01:16 AM
    What is the OS of your phone. An 8GB card will not work unless you are on OS 4.3 or higher

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and later Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and later Up to 32 GB

Do you have a slot on your PC to read the card? Do you have a reader.... You can try to format it on the PC if you do. Assuming you dont, use the BB as you did - if it froze, I am betting its an OS issue - tis all, post back

options>about will tell you your OS
    03-02-09 01:18 AM
    What is the OS of your phone. An 8GB card will not work unless you are on OS 4.3 or higher

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and later Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and later Up to 32 GB

Do you have a slot on your PC to read the card? Do you have a reader.... You can try to format it on the PC if you do. Assuming you dont, use the BB as you did - if it froze, I am betting its an OS issue - tis all, post back

options>about will tell you your OS
    I have an OS compatible with 8gb. I have 4.5.0.81. As far as I know my computer won't take the card in, and I don't have an adapter except the one that came with the card..

EDIT: just so happens my laptop has a slot for the adaptor! I put it in and it still won't format. :/
    Last edited by poe434; 03-02-09 at 01:55 AM.
    03-02-09 01:49 AM
    When you tried to format the card in the BB did you have the phone unplugged and then go to options>media card>menu button>format?
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-02-09 at 02:38 AM.
    03-02-09 02:30 AM
    If it won't format in the PC, this is a problem with the card, return it for replacement. It happens sometimes
    03-02-09 05:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD