Hi there
    I just bought the blackberry curve 8310 on eBay so don't have a warranty or anything... It's an at&t blackberry but i'm using my t-mobile UK sim card in it. The problem i'm having is every so often it will turn off and won't come back on. I have tried a battery pull and the blackberry comes on again but turns straight off again before it can fully load up. It seems as if the battery has low charge but it doesn't, it is almost fully charged when this happens! The only way I can get it to turn back on is if I plug it in to charge.
    Last night I left it on all night without the sim card in and it was still switched on this morning. Could the problem be the sim card i'm using? I am going to trying upgrading the os but wondered if anyone had any advice before I try this?
    Thanks
    08-15-09 08:53 AM
    THis could be the problem. Also check to make sure the the auto on/off is not enabled. options> auto on/off. Might want to trry another SIM card as well.
    08-15-09 09:13 AM
    I've had this exact same problem.

SOLUTION: Buy a new battery
    ebay is selling them for like $0.27
    08-15-09 02:24 PM
    I agree that it is probably a bad battery. A bad sim card could be possible, but is rarer.

Plug the BB into a charger and do some data intensive things like load web pages on the browser, send MMS picture messages, SMS, etc. If the BBis fine while on the charger but reboots/shuts down when off the charger, it's the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 02:44 PM
    the auto on/off is disabled.

it's working absolutely fine while its charging, think it must be the battery.

thanks everyone for the advice
    08-15-09 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD