BlackBerry 9220 Switches off suddenly! with around 60~70 percent battery it says battery to low for radio use and switches of sometimes idk what to do .,. help!
    04-26-13 10:52 AM
    BlackBerry 9220 Switches off suddenly! with around 60~70 percent battery it says battery to low for radio use and switches of sometimes idk what to do .,. help!
    How old is your battery? Sometimes when a battery gets old it will act like it has more left thus showing a greater percentage.
    05-01-13 05:58 PM
    Hi. This happens to me too, I bought my 9220 last year and a few days later, the data signal started dropping to zero intermittently. I had to turn the "mobile network" off and on, and then I would get a torrent of pending BBMs, whatsapp messages, emails, so on

Around 4 months ago the device started getting intolerably warm. I mean, just like you're holding a steaming cup of coffee in your hands. The heat seemed to emanate from the point where the battery meets the connectors.

Then a couple of months back the phone started switching off all by itself. Sometimes after pressing the power/end call button repeatedly, the phone would lazily power back on. Other times, there was a faint red glow inside the trackpad (some light they have in there, I guess).
    Now the interesting part - I need to cover the trackpad with my thumb for a few seconds for the phone to turn back on.

After resuming, I would get a yellow/red battery indicator, implying that the battery was close to popping. This, when I'd only just taken it off the charger at close to 80%.

Anyhow, I got my battery changed. A few days it worked fine. But then the problem came back. Now I don't get the low battery after the device restarts. But I get the weird message - that the battery's too low to use radio - even while the indicator shows the charge at around 50-60.

Yes, the heating up still continues.

In my opinion, it's nothing to do with old batteries - as my new battery is barely a couple of weeks old. It could be something with the memory - I've seen this happening most frequently when I'm listening to the FM radio, or when I have whatsapp running in the background.
    05-25-13 02:30 PM
    i have a blackberry 9320 and the same stuff has been happening to my blackberry ,it has been overheating,turning off suddenly, the network connections have been dropping continuously even though the battery was high enough to use the networks.
    i bought my blackberry in the beginning of january, so ive had it for just under 6 months.
    every time it turns off suddenly i have to take out the battery and bang it on a surface to be able to turn back on and then 5 - 10 min after it will turn back off meaning that i have to repeat banging the phone.And also ,when i put my headphones in it goes to voice call automatically and it makes the sound through the headphones sound distorted, but when i put it in another device the headphones sound perfect ,only apple and blackberry headphones work properly,is there a way to fix my problems without paying anything??? thanxx
    05-31-13 10:49 AM
    I think its the manufacture who didn't make them properly
    i have a blackberry 9320 and the same stuff has been happening to my blackberry ,it has been overheating,turning off suddenly, the network connections have been dropping continuously even though the battery was high enough to use the networks.
    i bought my blackberry in the beginning of january, so ive had it for just under 6 months.
    every time it turns off suddenly i have to take out the battery and bang it on a surface to be able to turn back on and then 5 - 10 min after it will turn back off meaning that i have to repeat banging the phone.And also ,when i put my headphones in it goes to voice call automatically and it makes the sound through the headphones sound distorted, but when i put it in another device the headphones sound perfect ,only apple and blackberry headphones work properly,is there a way to fix my problems without paying anything??? thanxx
    05-31-13 10:51 AM
    my 9220 turns off on its own it just started happening recently i thought it was bec on the battery watch app which i also doubt bec i have been using the app for more than a year. i have removed the app but still its same, even if its charged it will display Battery too low for radio use and it turns off the mobile network. is there a known problem with blackberry 9220 now. can blackberry check it from their end if its software related? please help.
    06-19-14 10:14 PM
    update the firmware

Sent from my BlackBerry 9220 using Tapatalk
    07-21-14 06:08 PM